Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else in the Denver metro area watch channel 7 news last night and see the stunter on the 03 R1 going down I - 70??? The photos were taken by the news team, and they were good pics, just no pic of the plate, which is nice. Good riding by the way, if the stunter is a member here. Like the wheelie!!!

·
Una Caterva, Una Pugna
34,147 Posts
I'd like to see that if anyone can find it.

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They showed still pics and no video on the news. It is an 03 R1, black w/flames and a red high mount pipe. Looked like a Micron, but don't quoye me on that. The guy was riding on the right side of the bike in one shot, doind a superbike wheelie in another and a couple other tricks. I thought it was sweet. It was only a minute or two spot. They said the police have no idea if it was random or a "growing" trend. They also have no leads!!!

·
Postwhore in training........
2,301 Posts
"I have seen this guy with two other guys on their very fast -- 80 mph bikes -

:lol :lol :lol this just cracks me up!!!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Swedie said:
That's an R6 folks. And it's sad.
hey swedie... your right about the R6 part ..but common it's not to bad...

probably not the best place to do it but....

he gets a :thumbup in my book...

·
The R1 is so Money
192 Posts
the pavement on that stretch sucks. lots of expansion joints. good thing his feet didnt catch.
all the more impressive
:thumbup

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
you guys luckily don't have the same problem as we do over here. Any bad publicity = raised insurance rates. we're already into the 10G mark for full coverage on any bike with more than 150hp.

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts
From the News Channel 7 camera man:

""My concern was that I didn't want them under my wheel. I-70 has a lot of potholes and debris. If they had hit one bump, they could go either way. I managed to take a few frames but I was also looking for an out," Betancourt said."

I'm willing to bet money this guy in his news van was speeding to keep up with the bike. If he were so concerened about the riders safety, why didn't he back off a bit? Looking for a way out my a**!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts