Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right forum but anyone have a Throttle Meister on their R1? I do quite a bit long distance riding and had a vista cruise on my RR so looking for some throttle lock for my 05 R1.

Looking for feedback from anyone that has a throttle meister or something similar, what do you think of it, good bad and ugly, and pictures of it if possible. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,497 Posts
man i just use a crampbuster

·
Registered
789 Posts
I loved my throttlemeister on my 08. I emailed throttlemeister about a 09 application and havent heard anything back yet. But yes they are great if you go for long highway rides.

·
False. Black bear.
192 Posts
i have one. the 12oz matte black ones. first off, i love how heavy of a barend it is. second, left hand riding and being able to switch it up is amazing. only thing that i did i wouldnt recomend is using it with the driven d3 grips. i made it work.. but it works much better with standard grips.

pretty easy to install... just dont forget the locktite.

my roommate has one too.. his worked so well, i bought mine. :thumbup

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have one. the 12oz matte black ones. first off, i love how heavy of a barend it is. second, left hand riding and being able to switch it up is amazing. only thing that i did i wouldnt recomend is using it with the driven d3 grips. i made it work.. but it works much better with standard grips.

pretty easy to install... just dont forget the locktite.

my roommate has one too.. his worked so well, i bought mine. :thumbup
Hey thanks for the info, I think you also sold me on ordering a pair.

·
Lacks Adult Supervision
48 Posts
I've got a red/black bike, and the red/black machined one looks like it was manufactured for the bike. Works like a charm. My commute is about 50 miles one way, so I like the rest I get on my wrist.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got a red/black bike, and the red/black machined one looks like it was manufactured for the bike. Works like a charm. My commute is about 50 miles one way, so I like the rest I get on my wrist.
through the site i dont see many options, how'd you get the red and black version? my bikes crimson and black as well..

·
Lacks Adult Supervision
48 Posts
They're the longer ones with the machined cuts. Red stripe around the base, and matte black on the end.

If I get near a camera tomorrow, I'll send a pic.

·
Lacks Adult Supervision
48 Posts
Yes, like his, except I got the one with machined grooves in it. I thought it might be easier to roll it with my pinkie finger, since that's usually what I use.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got my throttlemeisters yesterday and put them on, install was super easy, maybe 15min. I love how they give you a puller for the stock insert, made life much easier. I also think the look on them is much cleaner and more natural than I thought it'd be. They look like normal-sized custom barends. O and they look sick in the black milled finish on my crimson 05.

·
Lacks Adult Supervision
48 Posts
Thanks for posting the closeups, Boiler. I completely gaffed off taking pictures of mine. My defense is that I was busy busy bolting on other stuff... I think they look about as good as any bar-end could.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for posting the closeups, Boiler. I completely gaffed off taking pictures of mine. My defense is that I was busy busy bolting on other stuff... I think they look about as good as any bar-end could.
I installed mine just like they say, took the bolt back out and added locktight, and tightened it enough. My TM still slips, I set it and I slowly tick down about 1mph every second or two. Any ideas?

·
False. Black bear.
192 Posts
I installed mine just like they say, took the bolt back out and added locktight, and tightened it enough. My TM still slips, I set it and I slowly tick down about 1mph every second or two. Any ideas?
Yup, mine did the same. its just not adjusted 100% correct. took me like 4 rides to get mine right. first off, make sure you didnt forget the friction sleeve. its a pretty important piece. next, loosen the end up, tap it in a little more like you installed it the first time, and tighten it up again. make sure that the plunger has a good amount of force on the grip. where you can still move it, but it takes a little forearm. oh, and when you torque it, dont be shy. mine loosened up on me twice. i really let it have it the next, and its good now.

hope this helps.

·
Lacks Adult Supervision
48 Posts
I noticed that the instructions err on the side of caution so that you don't find the lock won't disengage. I gave mine a tiny bit more travel after the lock, and it seems to hold.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts