Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some opinions.

I am seriously thinking of picking up a 2006 R6. I have had two R1's, 1998/2002 and was really looking forward to a new R1 next year but I am not satisfied with the lightly modified version their trying to sell. I am not sure I can wait till 2007(?) for a new R1 so was looking at the new R6. I loved occasionally riding my wifes 2002 ZX-6R and in fact felt a litte faster on it over my R1. I just am thinking I might miss that satisifiing UMPF! the 600 didn't give me. I think the R6's new motor with a full exhaust and good map may be an adequate replacement until I can get an R1 that I like (2007?). I have sold my 02' but am keeping my 98' as my track bike. Any words would be greatly appreciated.

·
So Last Year
481 Posts
You may probably find the R6 more fun, as you may be able to get closer to that bikes limits. (Although not on the road). I may trade my R1 for a Triumph 675 next year for a similiar reason. Other benefits include cheaper running costs, for not much of a performance loss (again on the roads).

·
My bikes keep me sane.
5,272 Posts
I've taken my girlfriend's R6 out for a few rides. It's cool in the extreme twisties, but after a short period of time I just get bored with it.

I'm spoiled by the power of the R1. Wheelies are a bit easier.:thumbup

·
Registered
178 Posts
I rode my buddies '05 R6 at VIR and couldnt believe how easy it was to ride fast. It was allmost effortless. I could definitely go faster on that bike if it was mine and didnt care about crashing it.

The only thing I like better about the R1 is that imediate power when you crack the throttle.

My next bike will probably be an R6...

·
Perfect Balance..
21 Posts
I myself cant wait to take the new R6 out for a joyride Im assuming the response will favor alot with the 636. In the twisties (backroads) I feel safer on the R1, heavier bike I guess but when push comes to shove the power just ISNT there on the 636. Enjoy nonetheless

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.