Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Rebel w/ a Cause
21,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imagine that!
Supposedly the Ambulance backed up into the bike ????

WTF was the bike doing parked in the middle of the street anyway???:dundun:

Ride Safe Guys!:epimp

Sorry if this is a Re-post!

· Forum Moderator
32,955 Posts
Crunch......

· Booya
34,924 Posts
It is a repost. The bike was in the middle of the street because...well that's where most people ride. Maybe in NY ya'll stick to the sidewalks or something...but around here we ride in the street with the rest of society. :)

From what I heard, the bus started to backup and the rider couldn't backpedal fast enough to get out of the way.

· Registered
12 Posts
I don't believe it! The ambulance cannot/would not generate enough speed in reverse to cause that amount of damage. its more likely that the bike ran into the rear of the ambulance at a high rate of speed. don't believe everything you see or read!

· Rebel w/ a Cause
21,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a repost. The bike was in the middle of the street because...well that's where most people ride. Maybe in NY ya'll stick to the sidewalks or something...but around here we ride in the street with the rest of society. :)

From what I heard, the bus started to backup and the rider couldn't backpedal fast enough to get out of the way.
Umm thanx for the Smart remarck!
but they guy wasnt riding the bike.. Maybe sitting on it..
he would be dead if that was a REAL accident! :fact

· Booya
34,924 Posts
I don't believe it! The ambulance cannot/would not generate enough speed in reverse to cause that amount of damage. its more likely that the bike ran into the rear of the ambulance at a high rate of speed. don't believe everything you see or read!
Maybe...but in all honesty, I've never seen a bike just STOP when it hit a vehicle. THey flip forward due to inertia...and if you look at the wheel...it had to squeeze under the bus to break the forks....it wouldn't' have done that if it was moving....the bus on the other hand could drive backwards and drive up the wheel.

· Booya
34,924 Posts
Umm thanx for the Smart remarck!
but they guy wasnt riding the bike.. Maybe sitting on it..
he would be dead if that was a REAL accident! :fact
...I said that. Dude couldn't backup fast enough...feet on ground, etc.

· I lead...you follow...
1,856 Posts
That wreck is 1 in a billion. There are no obvious skid marks showing that the bike slid into the ambulance (and no marks on the rear doors where a rider might strike it going over the handle bars). However, there are no skid marks from the front wheel either (from being pushed backwards by the ambulance). There is just a small white scratch on the road, most likely from the header pipes, when the bike got squished down.

In my best Inspector Gadget form of deductive reasoning, this is my best guess.

The ambulance went past is designated house. Stopped and started to back up. The motorcycle was following said ambulance and suddenly realized that he was backing up. Unable to swerve, he tries to brake but to no avail, they meet at that exact point when the motorcycle lost most of its momentum and the ambulance was slowing its backup speed down (maybe the biker reved the engine to alert the ambulance he was there or the ambulance was going 1 or 2 houses backwards and was slowing down anyhow)...TADA!!!:epimp

Either way, cool wreck (was a nice looking bike though).

· The Patient
1,669 Posts

r u kidding, do you know what an ambulance weighs, the tire of the bike just rolls backwards as the ambulance rides back and upward, forks are not all that strong. Im surprised the wheel held the weight

· Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
6,084 Posts
Jesus H Christ. You guys would debate just about anything.

· Booya
34,924 Posts
why didn't he beep his horn??
6 litre ford diesel vs. wimpy R1 horn. I can hardly hear it when i'm on the bike...let alone in the cab of a diesel van.

· Turn #8 Got Me
1,046 Posts
Kick stand's up.
A guy I used to work with backed up into a bike with a box truck. Bike was so close he couldn't see him. Nothing came of it, the company paid for the bike.
But what if you're gonna parallel park and the bike was so close you couldn't see it? I guess it would be your fault, but wouldn't the guy be tailgating if he's so close you can't see him?

· Premium Member
24,951 Posts
if the ambulance was on a conveyer belt with its wheel going in reverse and a r1 approached at 15 mile per hour, would that happen?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.