Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Dept. of Redundancy Dept.
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy I ride with just bought a 05 CBR1000 and I have a 05 R1. We switched bikes for a few miles just to see the difference. The shifting on the R1 is sooooo much better. Even he noticed it right away and mentioned it. The R1 sounds much better too amoung other things but we couldn't get over the shifting.

Is it just a better transmission, clutch, what ?

·
Post count reset.....add 3658
5,894 Posts
rocketrider said:
So if you think the honda will last longer then why r u on a yamaha, go to hondas :finger
:2bitchsla ...i don't see honda in anything he said...plus he has a Yammi.....noob

·
Dept. of Redundancy Dept.
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On the cbr you do sit more upright, slightly more comfortable ride :riding but doesn't feel as aggressive as the r1 :rock .

After switching for 2 miles I wanted to switch back to my R1 and I knew then I bought the right bike. (actually I knew the day it arrived in my driveway before I even rode it)

·
Registered
202 Posts
rocketrider said:
it's a HONDA :boom :bash :butt :finger

your bike is a :fork :riding :rock :cool: :D

lmao!!!!!

Yeah. that was intelligent

in all honesty, the honda probably would/will last a little longer. ive owned/ridden them all, and honda is usually at or near the top as far as build quality is concerned. Ive got no desire at all to own a CBR1000, but id be confident that it wouldnt fall apart.

i sold my CBR600 with 42000 miles on it, and the new owner is still beating on it.

·
Hi, I'm a PC
1,106 Posts
I learned on a CB750 that had over 36,000 miles on it...that thing ran like a champ. I totally dig Honda's but I got a thing for Yamaha's styling. I love my Road star Warrior and my R1, both of them have excellent transmissions with butter smooth shifting.

·
Save a tree, eat some beaver.
110 Posts
Bomber_Man said:
I learned on a CB750 that had over 36,000 miles on it...that thing ran like a champ. I totally dig Honda's but I got a thing for Yamaha's styling. I love my Road star Warrior and my R1, both of them have excellent transmissions with butter smooth shifting.
You should post some pics of your warrior if you havent already. Next to the R1 that was my 2nd choice in another bike. I love my R1 but still wonder what im missing without 1670cc of torque!! Do tell!:beer

·
I must break you
167 Posts
CBR handles better. R1 is a tad faster.

Neither will out last the other. Both bikes are made by great companies.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
its going to be interesting to see how the 06's stack up against each other

1 - 20 of 54 Posts