Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

· Wheelies Galore
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well...just to rub it in a little bit. a buddy of mine with a zx14 got his ass handed to him pretty bad last nite by the 1. it actually took him 2 miles to catch up because his top end is better then mine. im geared 2 up in the rear, gutted cat, baffle kit. beep beep beep gone! first gear i wheelie to redline, come down, nail second and come right back up, wheelie to redline. no 14 in sight...3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th... waaaaaaaaaaaaaa ba ba waaaaaaaaaaaaaa ba ba waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ba ba.

let off a little bit so i didnt keep tachin redline. finally see some headlights about 2 miles later. he slowlyyyyy passes me, maybe 7mph faster top end. its still my win f ucker

any 14's around here worth my time?!?!

· 792.6 miles from the Gap
1,190 Posts
any 14's around here worth my time?!?!
There's a black guy named Ricky I know of who's pretty slick on a 14. He might have something for your 1. :crash

· Forum Moderator
32,955 Posts
There's a black guy named Ricky I know of who's pretty slick on a 14. He might have something for your 1. :crash
:fact... its all about the rider. For the most part.

· Premium Member
8,519 Posts
I think I've seen this post somewhere before....

· I eat your R1
210 Posts
It's all about the rider... period! U guy's should switch bikes next time. I've seen lite weight guys on 600's that were hard to catch in the straits before. Never ever get caught with your rev's down.

· Super Moderator
22,568 Posts
Real nice slick. It would be interesting to see how you would do against a seasoned veteran rider of a ZX14.

· 18x HP literbike killer
3,787 Posts
i always had this guy talking smack to me on his ZX-12 with full ti orient express pipe, custom map , blah blah....I used to hand him his ass on the straights and through the turns on my K6 gixxer 1000...guy was a decent rider...but he was like my bike needs to be re,mapped and all that crap.....

then i hopped on the 600 and gave him a real run for his money..up to 155 at least lolol....its all rider...:fork

I can't wait to see him on the 1.....with this topend.....

· Thread Killer
1,868 Posts
2 miles ahead? I doubt that. :chair:

He probably didn't know you were racing him. :fact

· Who dies with most toys, Wins
96 Posts
He was not trying if you were two miles ahead. Can you even see someone in a rear view that at top end speed? if im 115+ i can't spend enough time to peer in my mirror to tell if the object 100 yards behond me is a school bus or a bicycle. But i did get a chance to ride a 08 14 yesterday with airshift, nos etc. and that will prolly be my bike after i hit 30. Super comfy super easy and for sure felt the big dick between my legs and plenty of torque. I was impressed. i like it

· Wheelies Galore
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He was not trying if you were two miles ahead. Can you even see someone in a rear view that at top end speed? if im 115+ i can't spend enough time to peer in my mirror to tell if the object 100 yards behond me is a school bus or a bicycle. But i did get a chance to ride a 08 14 yesterday with airshift, nos etc. and that will prolly be my bike after i hit 30. Super comfy super easy and for sure felt the big dick between my legs and plenty of torque. I was impressed. i like it
i didnt say i was 2 miles ahead. i said it took him 2 miles to pass me. he knew damn well we were racing. had a buddy do the beeping for us. it was all setup. i want to get it on tank cam next week :)

i wouldnt mind switchin bikes with him but he wont let me. it is all rider and well i just dont think he is very good lol. i launced like a bat out of hell there was no catchin me after a launch like that. :)

· Wheelies Galore
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

i never said i saw him in my rear view. i said i saw his headlights. i saw his headlights int he corner of my eye. and then i looked over to the right and there he was. im at the point where i can be at 6th gear redline and and everyting seems like im going 100. everything seems like slowmo. ****ing righteous man.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.