Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I've had my 03 R1 motor redone. Because a conrod broke. Put the motor in after getting it back from the repair shop. Also put a brand new battery in. Put the oil water coolant. Right double checked I done everything correct. Turned the ignition on saw I had a fuel leak on the main fuel pipe. Had a look and were the main fuel pipe clips on. It had a crack. Took tank off and took the fuel pump out. Saw thatch could take the pump apart. Meaning the fuel housing. Replaced that,put the pump back. Put the tank back and tried to start the bike and the motor was only swinging. After a few tries the selonoid started making a clicking sound and the engine wouldn't turn over. Replaced the selonoid relay. Still the same just a clicking sound and engine not swinging. I then saw on my LCD screen 3 error codes. Looked them up. 11 being the cylinder identification sensor. 12 being crankshaft position sensor. 22 being the intake temperature sensor. Ok so 22 I got sorted. Took my starter out tested it spinning 100%. Put it back. Checked all my fuses nothing wrong. Checked all plug are connected correctly. And still bike's engine wont swing just the clicking sound. Please any advice on what could be the problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The reason the solenoid was clicking was most likely due to low voltage in the battery. The battery may be able to handle the amperage of the primary side of the solenoid alone, but when the secondary side closes and sends power to the starter motor, the battery cannot handle the amperage and the secondary side opens. This repeats, thus the clicking noise, not a bad solenoid.

Verify battery has proper voltage both loaded and unloaded, then proceed with testing for air, fuel, and spark.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Low voltage can cause a few codes to show. But the ckp code can be an AC voltage signal that does not match the signal that was generated before the tear down. I would delete the codes and see what pops up after you fix the battery. If the battery wasn't properly charged before use, even if new, you can mess it up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts