Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
R1, art of engineering
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i found a wrecked 04 r1 thats sort of fixed, got 23,000kms on it.

what it needs (what i can see)
bog and paint on front fairing and right engine case
new left footpeg
some fairing bolts missing
right r1 sticker and yamaha stickers
master brake reservoir mount
front fairing/headlight small left cover
tacho needle (cover) glued back on (tacho still works)

took it for a ride and nothing sounded abnormal, he wants 9,500 AUS for it. I found a dealer that has the exact same one inc k's (except damage) selling for 14,000 and to buy from the wreckers they go for 7,00-8,000 AUS.

Does it sound like a good deal????????
How do i check if second gear is stuffed from poor wheelies???
And how to i go about checking integrity, ie. measure footpegs from either side to the ground to check frame straightness, stringline everything. Any more better ideas???

·
Louisville-Sportbikes.com
1,763 Posts
Me personally, I would stay away from it. It sounds like it took a pretty good drop. Do you have any pics to post up? It always helps to get everyones eyes on it, to look for anything wrong......

·
Evil prevails.
328 Posts
Hey, i saw this parked in hay street the other day.
I wondered what was up with that front end..

Having owned several years' R1 i could probably take it for a ride and give you some feedback, I think i'd have a fair idea of what an R1 should feel like.

·
R1, art of engineering
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome ill see if he still has it friday and he'll take my offer. if so i shoot ya a pm. Was also going to get vitech to have a look over it. Your the same Boxx from psb?????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.