Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fast Cars are slow I ride
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't found any info on this. Seems like most people with non M want to step up to a 200. And I was wondering if anyone has on there R1M went down to a 190/55 Rear. Riding is canyon and track.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I have an M and I was reluctant to go down to a 190. My favorite tire is the Q3 and it is not made in a 200. I decided to try the 190 and like it SO much better on the track. The RS10 in 200 does not turn in nearly as well as the Q3 in the 190. I was almost 2 seconds a lap faster on the 190.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Be good humans!
119 Posts
I am also running the 190 and have no complaints. I guess if you are on a high speed track the 200 would be an option but for the street and tighter tracks I like the 190.

·
My R1 is my Pacemaker
568 Posts
I have an M and I was reluctant to go down to a 190. My favorite tire is the Q3 and it is not made in a 200. I decided to try the 190 and like it SO much better on the track. The RS10 in 200 does not turn in nearly as well as the Q3 in the 190. I was almost 2 seconds a lap faster on the 190.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The turn in is so slow on these rs10s 200 that come stock... I can't wait to get some pirelli supercorsa on this thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
24,112 Posts
Many '200' tires are in fact not actually 200mm. The pirelli SC V2 is 193mm versus the BS RS10 which is a true 200mm.
Is there a website with tire diameters on it? I'd really like to look at that. What's the actual size of the SC V2 190/55?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I've really found that tire sizes are not at all consistent so a 190 is not the same as all 190s, nor is the aspect ratio. You need to look up the actual diameter and width for a specific tire. I wouldn't worry to much about the size honestly. Just choose a brand/model you like the characteristics of (wear, carcass flex, grip, etc.) and get the widest one they make since you're on a modern 1000cc bike and traction for leaving the corners is going to be the biggest benefit. Since it seems like we're talking about street tires...I say just run whatever is cheap and fits, it's not going to matter that much. I use my race takeoffs for the street. Currently running a Pirelli front DOT in SC2 compound and a Michelin Evo DOT in the rear, no complaints.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts