Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I see heaps of posts about the R1M ccu.I’ve got the ccu and gps antenna on my 2017 R1,I’ve got it kind of working but it doesn’t actually record any data to the ccu module,when I connect iPhone to ssid and go to download data just says 0 data 0 free.can anyone help.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Electric blue Brand

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
i have the R1M but i have never used the CCU. is there a possibility that you have to have the lap timer running or it activated another way? i didn't think it recorded all the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the R1M but i have never used the CCU. is there a possibility that you have to have the lap timer running or it activated another way? i didn't think it recorded all the time.
Hi Andrew yeh I’ve put it into logging mode on the dash,also in track mode,I’ve uploaded gps autolap and timer is functioning,just doesn’t seem to save it anywhere though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked up the manual it just says go to loggin and hit start. Does It say you have good GPS signal on the top of the meter screen?
Yep has the gps icon in green showing on the right hand side of the dash,does it record to the ccu module or do I need to have my phone in range and connected for it to save to phone ?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes, you do have to enable logging and easier if in track mode. You also have to setup the track with start/finish line and the push that to the CCU. Then before heading out you have to start timer. Hold down rotating button. Once it start blinking, scroll up and click again and it'll be ready. Works great.

Make sure to setup track start/finish early while on phone network. Once connect to CCU, you won't have signal.

The manual is downloadable online.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, you do have to enable logging and easier if in track mode. You also have to setup the track with start/finish line and the push that to the CCU. Then before heading out you have to start timer. Hold down rotating button. Once it start blinking, scroll up and click again and it'll be ready. Works great.

Make sure to setup track start/finish early while on phone network. Once connect to CCU, you won't have signal.

The manual is downloadable online.

Thanks heaps for your help mate when I go to download the session from the ccu do I need to download it before turning off the bike or does that session save to the ccu?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks heaps for your help mate when I go to download the session from the ccu do I need to download it before turning off the bike or does that session save to the ccu?
Sorry, for late response and hope you figured it out, but it will save in there. As long as you named the track, it'll save by that and date.

Backup and delete off of CCU to not use up too much space.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts