Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that the Olhins Electronic Suspension can be adjusted manually? (without use of the electronic controls) Is this true? The Ducati folks make reference to the elimination of the electronic controls at the shock and installing the manual controls for minimal cost. The front forks is more expensive but possible

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have heard that the Olhins Electronic Suspension can be adjusted manually? (without use of the electronic controls) Is this true? The Ducati folks make reference to the elimination of the electronic controls at the shock and installing the manual controls for minimal cost. The front forks is more expensive but possible
Sorry. I forgot to note this pertains to the R1M ERS controls

·
Registered
146 Posts
I thought front / rear rebound and compression could only be adjusted through the menu in the dash or smart phone / tablet. (I might be wrong) The rear spring preload has to be adjusted with a c spanner.

One of the things I like about my M is if I get caught out in the rain (happens quite a lot in the UK), I just pull up, flick through the menu and change her from A2 -track setting road tyres to A3 road setting road tyres.... makes for a softer ride on wet roads. The suspension can be changed so quickly this way.

Why do you want to remove the electronic adjustment?

The A1,A2 and A3 settings will only allow you to increase or reduce compression /rebound by 5 clicks harder or softer

The M1 and M2 settings allow for the full range of adjustment harder or softer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought front / rear rebound and compression could only be adjusted through the menu in the dash or smart phone / tablet. (I might be wrong) The rear spring preload has to be adjusted with a c spanner.

One of the things I like about my M is if I get caught out in the rain (happens quite a lot in the UK), I just pull up, flick through the menu and change her from A2 -track setting road tyres to A3 road setting road tyres.... makes for a softer ride on wet roads. The suspension can be changed so quickly this way.

Why do you want to remove the electronic adjustment?

The A1,A2 and A3 settings will only allow you to increase or reduce compression /rebound by 5 clicks harder or softer

The M1 and M2 settings allow for the full range of adjustment harder or softer

I ride a 2016 R1S. The motorcycle recycle industry is starting pick up salvage R1M bikes and selling the electronic suspension parts.(forks and shocks) I would like to cnvert these suspension parts to not only replace my stock suspension but explore the financial/ practical sides of this idea.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok mate, sorry I misunderstood your question. I’ll have a look in my handbook to see if it says if it can be manually adjusted

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been thru the Yamaha R1 service manual and owners manual with no luck. Please let me know if you find anything.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Will do mate, I’ll be popping over to my dealer hopefully next week... UK weather permitting... I’ll ask them as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts