Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Main issue is M dunlop decided to ditch the R1.

Im here now and about to go watch the super stock race with dean harrison on a R1M

·
Build Quality Police
924 Posts
Main issue is M dunlop decided to ditch the R1.
Exactly. Without a good and experienced rider you are going to be nowhere, no matter how good your bike is. The rumors says that Michael left due to an argument with the team owner and the argument was about engine performance, or rather the lack of it. From my understanding, he will still be on a Yamaha in Supersport and Superstock, but he switched back to a BMW for Superbike.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Exactly. Without a good and experienced rider you are going to be nowhere, no matter how good your bike is. The rumors says that Michael left due to an argument with the team owner and the argument was about engine performance, or rather the lack of it. From my understanding, he will still be on a Yamaha in Supersport and Superstock, but he switched back to a BMW for Superbike.
Nope - Hes riding all BMW - His own and Tyco's - that's it. He screwed Yamaha 2 days before the start. I never liked him but now I really don't like him. His father and uncle (Joey) were much more humble. He's a super cocky little shit.

·
Take the red pill
6,824 Posts
Nope - Hes riding all BMW - His own and Tyco's - that's it. He screwed Yamaha 2 days before the start. I never liked him but now I really don't like him. His father and uncle (Joey) were much more humble. He's a super cocky little shit.
Yes but he's got huge brass ones. He is the one who said if you want to beat him you better be ready to wrap the bike around a tree because he is. He's a nutter like all of them are. Crazy mf'ers.

·
Registered
314 Posts
That is one race where there are a select few who will ride at those times regardless of what bike they are on
At first I was inclined to refute you on that BUT I realized what you are saying. IE: Regardless of manufacturer, as long as its a winning machine, they will win on it.

With that said, these guys are riding around IOM at 100% - no different than MotoGP. If you saw Hellier, he was in tears when he got 3rd - and when asked why he said its "because you just aren't supposed to go that fast around here." Yeah no shit! He was truly scared. My point related to your comment is that while Connor Cummings, M. Dunlop, Anstey, Hutchy to name a few can ride any manufacturer, no body but nobody is riding around problems and winning anymore. Those days are over. Ether the machine is good to go or you settle for 20th.

I really dig how they have stressed - two years in a row now, that the difference between the Stock bikes and the susperstock might be $50K but all that cash only nets about 1.5 secs a lap for that money. That's crazy. So $50,000 only buys you 1.5 seconds over the entire 37 mile course; about 10secs for an entire race. I would just take a hefty crap and buy some super light fasteners and go with the stockbike and try to find 10 secs by find new and / hitting my apexes.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yamaha is having a terrible TT - Dean Harrison has had two or three mech failures out of three races ... sad. Michael Dunlop isn't doing well - I think they both would have been better off if he had stayed put - jerk!

·
For no ma'am
2,609 Posts
The R1 has by far the shortest wheelbase of any liter and the TT is really bumpy, no surprise there. And lets not forget that it's a brand new from the ground up bike vs well developed and evolved competition. On dedicated race circuits the R1 is making massive strides, breaking laps records and all that.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
It's really no surprise that this is happening. There's just not enough technical data and parts resources for the new bike to make it a front runner at an HP circuit like the IOM. These other bikes have had years to develop parts configuration and setup for this circuit.

Next year will surely be different and hopefully Yamaha re-enters WSBK as well.

·
Banned
3,012 Posts
It's really no surprise that this is happening. There's just not enough technical data and parts resources for the new bike to make it a front runner at an HP circuit like the IOM. These other bikes have had years to develop parts configuration and setup for this circuit.

Next year will surely be different and hopefully Yamaha re-enters WSBK as well.
I know I seen a interview and they said yamaha will be racing next year. they're waiting for a rule change of some kind. I just can't seem to find it at the moment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts