Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
SEMPER FI 0331
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took my bike to KFG racing and had them do a baseline set up. The shop next to them is building a M race bike so once they get all the geometry on that figured out I'll go back in and get that done. Here's what I got set up
For a starting point. Can't wait to get to the track with this think.

I'm 185-190lbs. Street/ track day baseline.

·
I am lost
859 Posts
That was all done with the Controls on the bike

·
I am lost
859 Posts
Nice I can't wait for mine I would copy your setting but I'm a lil more bigger then you. Did you feel a difference before and after

·
SEMPER FI 0331
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's beeing raining almost non stop here so I e pretty much just been freeway riding to work. Havnt been able to really get a feel for the suspension yet.

·
I am lost
859 Posts
Can you adjust the suspension through the ytac app

·
I am lost
859 Posts
I heard by the summer we should have the app available for iPhone. Droid has it out already

·
I am lost
859 Posts
Will see what happens till then keep an update what know if you feel the difference

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does someone Knowles how much sag i sould have? The pics aint showing any more:/
Getting My M next saturday Will pick IT up on My way to 4 days of track��

·
I am lost
859 Posts
The pics posted didn't show the shock from what I remember . It was the setting on the dashboard

·
Registered
49 Posts
added 2 full turns of preload for my fat ass in the rear and dramatically reduced wheeling out of the corner... aka better drive out

I think sag numbers front 30-35 and rear 27-30 seems to work for me

Has anyone changed their springs on the auto susp yet? does anyone know if the computer would adjust for that? kinda liking the elec susp right now.

·
Super Moderator
24,193 Posts
added 2 full turns of preload for my fat ass in the rear and dramatically reduced wheeling out of the corner... aka better drive out

I think sag numbers front 30-35 and rear 27-30 seems to work for me

Has anyone changed their springs on the auto susp yet? does anyone know if the computer would adjust for that? kinda liking the elec susp right now.
With regard to the damping dealing with different springs: to a degree, yes it would work.

While most commonly referred to in terms of soft or stiff, the damping adjustment more realistically could be thought of in terms of slow or fast; regarding the speed in which they allow deflection and rebound. So with regard to a given spring you would be able to adjust the speeds in which an event takes place for that spring with damping adjustments. This would be adequate for small changes in spring tension, but would become an issue with larger changes, predominantly on the rebound side of things. As the spring tension becomes more different from the curve which the valving was established for; the rebound circuit would eventually work outside the optimal curve the spring requires. At that point a revision to the valving (shim stack) would be needed.

So while you may not be able to exchange a 10.0 kg/mm spring for a 7.0 kg/mm spring with no further considerations, changing from a 10.0 kg/mm to a rate of 11.0 kg/mm.

·
Registered
49 Posts
im sure set up is for the usual 150 lb Asian so I would say yes from a stock standpoint, however the ohlins other then the travel being all used up seems pretty good. I am going to do mine for sure but im 240

I found 3 turns of preload on the back kept the bike driving out of the corner way better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
my front fork preload is at max now and front compression is set to 9 clicks out. and still bottom out the fork on my R1M.
i am a 175 lbs rider. and the front ends just vibrates crazy entering corner.
should i just change the springs to 10kg(i think stock is 9.0) or just get ohlins cartridge kit for the front.
how much better on the 30mm ohlins cartridge kit than the stock ohlins ERS?

1 - 20 of 96 Posts