Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· SEMPER FI 0331
422 Posts
Think mines low to mid 30's last time I checked. A lot of freeway riding but I have been having some fun with it not keeping below 7k RPM that's for sure lol. I did notice in 6th going 70-75 on the freeway it shows 45-50mpg.

· Astronomer not Astrologer
11,162 Posts
I only got 17 mpg at my last track day:crash

· Back to the Yamaha community.
771 Posts
The crossplane is not a eco bike. my 09 on one of my good days may hit 19. avg. 17.5
Wow really? That's pretty freaking lousy for a motorcycle. I hope as these newer bikes wear in they will improve on fuel economy. I have a 2009 BMW K1300s that is averaging 34 MPG and I don't baby the throttle.

· R1m da kine
36 Posts
I'm curious what your average mpg is on the new r1. Mine is 28 mpg while staying under 7k but near 7k. I averaged 44 mpg on my zx6r. The mpg doesn't bother me one bit though.
I'm putting around breaking engine in under 7K rpm in power 2... B mode. I've just dropped from 27 mpg to 26 mpg because getting on the throttle a bit more... essentially I can go less than 80 miles on regular tank... not sure how many miles on reserve tank, but figure less than 26 (one gallon). In comparison, my 2001 R1 got 100 miles (city) to 120 miles (road) per tank, about 30 to 37 mpg. Of course, my 2001 R1 had a lot less HP, but it was also less efficient with carbs, I suppose? Anyway the R1M is certainly not a run away from the cops bike... it's a run out of gas bike. Not complaining, just realizing this is essentially a race bike with street-required add-ons such as the wicked huge turn signal / license plate assembly. I just bought the factory frame sliders, they are really different looking and only have a front set, no rear set, suggest look them up at your local shop... they are half-moon plates, rather than knobs. I'll take a photo after the shop installs them tomorrow. Cheers! Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.