Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1521 - 1533 of 1533 Posts
9,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,523 ·
Love the idea but I believe the zip tie will eventually become brittle and let you down due to it being to close to a heat source...

Personally, I had that issue when mounting the rectifier provided with the BDK generator and even one of the one that holds my oil cooler guard failed. I have now twisted some lockwire and then ran it through some heat shrink to keep it from scratching anything.

Hope you have better luck than I did! (y)
Where did you mount your BDK rectifier? Mine fits perfectly here. I have the blue cable routed behind the frame now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
62 Posts
Where did you mount your BDK rectifier? Mine fits perfectly here. I have the blue cable routed behind the frame now.

I didn't want mine to be exposed on the side of the bike in case of crash (which actually happened eventually) so I moved it to the outside of the subframe/kinda under the seat. I also have my ECU under the tank for the same reason. I'll take a pic for you if you wanna see it.

· Registered
62 Posts
I actually found an old picture I took of it when I first mounted it. Cables run under the seat/tank. Been a couple of years and no issues so far so I'm gonna say it works!
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

And no, my rearsets do not look that... 😂😂 that was just a 'quick fix' cause my boots were getting destroyed on my old rearsets guard.

9,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,527 ·
So while looking for a mounting spot for the AIM sporty cam 3, I found another bolt that requires TI love. Ordered a few diff stem and ram mounts to see how I can install the camera under the lower triple. Yes, I’ll make sure it won’t get crushed during hard braking

Automotive tire Bicycle part Automotive design Carbon Automotive wheel system

Hood Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Car

1521 - 1533 of 1533 Posts