Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when i first got my r1s i ran a baseline run bone stock and made 155-156whp. Did a simple flash just undid restrictions it got 164whp. Then did some timing changes for 87oct and did fueling and it made 175.7whp damb near 176. Now im doing some mods im moving up to the mwr wsbk filter, doing the intake flapper removal and plugging it up, and installing some special platinum grade cold irridium spark plugs, and i jyst wrapped my airbox in gold heat shielding. Im having her tuned on the 12th hoping to break 180 on my r1s and thats a huge accomplishment. I currently have a bmc race filter in and oem plugs

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Be careful what you ask for. For the first time I rode my R1 this weekend at the track and that thing is no joke, and it was only on power three. I am aware that the HP is the same across all power modes, but the throttle response is where care is needed.

Good luck and be safe.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir been taking here to the track and im just seeking more power now. Of course she has plenty of it funny you mention that because. My buddy and i just threw our bikes on the dyno to see how they stack up. My s made more power everywhere except at peak where his 17 rsv4 rf made just unde4 181whp. The kicker is my r1s made 20whp more in the mid range!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes ive got a yoshi system on it. There's not a single thing not modded lol hell i even have an aftermarket radiator. This is a low reading dyno and the highest hp hes seen us 183whp on 15+ r1 which is alot because the best s1000rr he had does 189.

Attachments

·
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
14,032 Posts
Yes ive got a yoshi system on it. There's not a single thing not modded lol hell i even have an aftermarket radiator. This is a low reading dyno and the highest hp hes seen us 183whp on 15+ r1 which is alot because the best s1000rr he had does 189.
:thumbup:thumbup, Nice looking bike and some very nice numbers!!!!

·
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
14,032 Posts
Thanjs bro ive put my heart and soul into it! I even painted it myself :]

No doubt, most of us do. When I tell people that don't own a bike or bikes how much money I've put into them they look at me like I'm crazy. People that don't ride don't understand the pride we put into aftermarket mods. Sometimes after a mod I'll leave my bike out of the garage even if I don't plan on riding just so I can keep looking at it. :laugh:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes sir i got the brembo rcs 19, also upgraded reservoir to the brembo one, got core carbon fiber braided lines. Suspension hasnt been upgraded because i know im not outriding it ? will do in the future because i can buy all ohlins parts at cost i just dont see myself needing it right now though. Haha and yeah i also push my bike outside and clean it then look at it for a bit xDDDDDDDDD

Attachments

·
One Liter Duck Eater
259 Posts
You should check out 650ib’s videos with his, and his buddies R1m. I believe theirs are putting out 190hp. I don’t know if your R1S internals are the same.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope r1s has different internals. And i know brocks dyno makes stupid high numbers xD a stock 15 r1 made 186whp stock! My r1s has made that on a local dyno here! I just post #s with the lowest reading dyno around ? no one believes high #s

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On my dyno 15+ r1 does 161 stock so huge difference. And hate to say it but 650ibs r1 is pretty stock in comparison mine just isnt a shiney m. Reguardless i love his channel and his smackdowns! I watch every day :] even got to meet him in orlando bmw for the 18 s1000rr give away because i live in central florida!

·
Venom X/O
23,853 Posts
My only concern trying to push big HP numbers with the crossplane engine is that crankshaft.
If it’s the S model is has a different crank than the one that supposedly “breaks”

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not familiar with the cranks snapping but i have had a 200rpm bump for 85xx miles and have had 0 issues. Im going to up the rpms anonther 200 and see how she goes! Im not worried if the motor blows, my other half is but if it does it just gives me a better reason to put the upper model motor in xD. In the process though i will be pushing the limits of the r1s's capabilities :]

1 - 20 of 146 Posts