1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
792.6 miles from the Gap
1,189 Posts
:2bitchsla

·
Registered
272 Posts
how do you think the 07 r6 compared to your 01 r1? im going to try and get rid of my 01 r1 by spring and either pick up an 04-06 r1 or 06-08 r6, preferebly the 08, but we'll see what kind of $$ i have saved up by then.

i just cant make up my mind what i want yet.

·
2007 R6
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how do you think the 07 r6 compared to your 01 r1? im going to try and get rid of my 01 r1 by spring and either pick up an 04-06 r1 or 06-08 r6, preferebly the 08, but we'll see what kind of $$ i have saved up by then.

i just cant make up my mind what i want yet.
in a straight line my 01 R1 would destroy my R6....but it wouldnt be as bad as you think...the new R6 is an absolute land missle high in the revs. my new r6 will out handle my old r1 with out breaking a sweat. if u get an r6 IMO get the 06-07 R6. so much more improvments to it vs the older R6's and it looks 10x better (IMO)
also IMO the difference between the 07 R6 and 08 R6 is not significant enough to warrent an upgrade to it

·
Registered
272 Posts
in a straight line my 01 R1 would destroy my R6....but it wouldnt be as bad as you think...the new R6 is an absolute land missle high in the revs. my new r6 will out handle my old r1 with out breaking a sweat. if u get an r6 IMO get the 06-07 R6. so much more improvments to it vs the older R6's and it looks 10x better (IMO)
also IMO the difference between the 07 R6 and 08 R6 is not significant enough to warrent an upgrade to it
yeah im not a big fan of the 03-05 r6's, the 06 plus are much better. im still waiting to see some test results of the new 08's and see how they compare. the reason i was thinking of picking up an r6 instead of a newer r1 is, im all about the twisties, i could really care less how fast i can go in a straight line, wheelies are always fun of course, but i have a bike just for that. so im thinking the r6 might be the more fun bike to have in the turns.

·
Famous last words..Watch this
91 Posts
Nope. The only thing about the R6 I like better then the R1 is the stock fender...But a fender eliminator solves that problem, so really, for me, there's no comparision. R6 is still a nice bike though, I'm thinking about gettin one for the wife. :tocoo:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.