Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
the R1 made me do it
750 Posts
a little off topic but i seen that you have a header with your two bros cans. i was looking into finding a race header to put on my two bros slip ons. what horsepower gains or sound did you recieve? i dont know much about cams but a guy in my town had his gsxr 1000 race cammed and it made alot of difference.

·
Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had the Full Ackro Ti system on my last 05 R1 and comparing the two, the 2Brothers are alot louder but then if you look at the end can, the outlet is ALOT bigger:saw:

The Micron Header I have is nice and meaty/large diameter. What the gains are I don't know, it came with the bike already. Compared again to my Akcro, I see no difference visually.:bow

Must admit I was a bit worried about running which was to me an unknown pipe like this system, I prefer here to have Arata's or Akcro Ti systems but so far, very impressed.

Micron is an excellent finish to it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
What cams are you guys using to get more power and what gains have you had with these cams?

TREV
:fork
i recommend to you yec headgaskets ,are more thinner and the compression rise ,get a degree again ,you can almost hit the 170hp at the wheels , if you want a good cams , Contact Piper Cams in UK they are very agressive or ,WEB cams , some racers reduce 30% the intake and the engine rise 5 to 8 hp gain doing this , at this moment my bike have 35,000 miles and 157 hp and runs very fast i order a APE racing cams degree and Tensioner , remember that if you race in a trackdays the best i can say is suspencion for you .... check to change the coolant to engine ICE that help a lot .....

·
performance first
2,940 Posts
What cams are you guys using to get more power and what gains have you had with these cams?

TREV
:fork
Stock cams work best. Get the head worked on and you will improve hp all across the board.:flex:

·
Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have already had the head done and cams degreed.

Just finished fitting my Vibe Rider to, hell the wife now just wants to ride with me...mmm...can see her falling off the bike soon...:boobies

Ye it seems to be concensus that cams work but not worth the $. The YEC harness that removes alot of wiring and my bike will remain on the road 99% of the time.

I thought removing head gaskets/skimming was a no no on the R1...already such a high comp.?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.