Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had the Full Ackro Ti system on my last 05 R1 and comparing the two, the 2Brothers are alot louder but then if you look at the end can, the outlet is ALOT bigger:saw:

The Micron Header I have is nice and meaty/large diameter. What the gains are I don't know, it came with the bike already. Compared again to my Akcro, I see no difference visually.:bow

Must admit I was a bit worried about running which was to me an unknown pipe like this system, I prefer here to have Arata's or Akcro Ti systems but so far, very impressed.

Micron is an excellent finish to it.

·
Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have already had the head done and cams degreed.

Just finished fitting my Vibe Rider to, hell the wife now just wants to ride with me...mmm...can see her falling off the bike soon...:boobies

Ye it seems to be concensus that cams work but not worth the $. The YEC harness that removes alot of wiring and my bike will remain on the road 99% of the time.

I thought removing head gaskets/skimming was a no no on the R1...already such a high comp.?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.