Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The One
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced my buddy on his k7 gsxr 1000 yesterday on my 06 r1 both our bikes and 2 down on front and lowered the same. His is all stock other then that and mine has graves full exhuast and power commader mine only pulled 148 on the dyno. I another k7 in town (not my buddys) pulled 160 on the same dyno the same day as I did so we will say he has about 10 hp on me. He is about 30 pounds lighter then me so that should make up for his bike bike being alittle fatter then mine so I would we are about as even as we can get. He was running 1.64 1.65 60ft and I was running 1.60-1.63 60ft he ran a best of 9.63 all day and I ran a best of 9.58. On one pass we raced we had close rt and 60ft we go got hooked up at about 330 mark I had him by a bike or a bike and a half and when we crossed the line we were so close I had to wait on the when light to see who won I did I am not sure how. It was the best time I have ever had at the track that is what this shit is all about.

·
1/4 mile in X.XX seconds?
1,665 Posts
thats whats up...i wish i had enough money to put my yamaha on the track all the time i race the busa on the strip cause its not my bike and i only pay half for all the upgrades thats half of dealer cost and we do all the work ourselves and i still have a bike for the street i would have to get another bike if i was gonna race one of my own all the time competitvly
but i am glad you beat the supposedly unbeatale gixxer

·
Louisville-Sportbikes.com
1,763 Posts
He is about 30 pounds lighter then me so that should make up for his bike bike being alittle fatter then mine so I would we are about as even as we can get.
Congrats on the win.....If hes 30 pounds lighter than you, than that is even more of an advantage......Did you mean heavier?

·
The One
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no lighter but the k7 gixxer is about 20 pounds heavier then the r1 so him on his bike and me on my bike were about the same weight.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
according to my sales book from yamaha.. 07 R1 390 lbs, 07 gsxr 379 lbs. course this is dry weight, no gas, no oil, no battery acid, no brake fluid.. well dry as bone.

·
The One
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an 06 but sport rider said that the 07 gixxer tipped the scales at 471 all toped off and that is what it was going by.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.