Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. forgive me guys because I am not a huge race fan.

Can someone shed some light on the different classes of racing?

where the hell was Yamaha at Daytona? Im sick of seeing ducati, honda and suzuki all the time.

Werent the top 3 like all yamaha in the superstock division?

When is Moto GP? Where's rossi?

If I understood a little more about all this, I might be a bigger fan but I never understood all the rule changes, factory superstock, superbike etc..

Help shed some light.. or just call me a dumbass and that can be that

·
Registered
80 Posts
yamaha was in the 200 but the guys who were racing them were privaters. Pascal Picote #21(i think thats how you spell his name) and Larry pegram #72. Pegram broke towards the end of the race and picote was in 5th at the start of the race but he finished i think 13th.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
yamaha has pulled virtually all factory support.there may be some backdoor parts but no full factory eforts anywhere in any class that i know of(i may be wrong though).it was their thought to better use the funds to support motogp and not spread themselves to thin,cash wise.....

·
Registered
327 Posts
over_dose said:
ok.. forgive me guys because I am not a huge race fan.

Can someone shed some light on the different classes of racing?

where the hell was Yamaha at Daytona? Im sick of seeing ducati, honda and suzuki all the time.

Werent the top 3 like all yamaha in the superstock division?

When is Moto GP? Where's rossi?

If I understood a little more about all this, I might be a bigger fan but I never understood all the rule changes, factory superstock, superbike etc..

Help shed some light.. or just call me a dumbass and that can be that
huh...Didn't you see them win the Superstock with the R1's and Supersport with the R6? I believe they also won the flat track dirt race. And in Superbike, there were just a couple priviters.

The first Moto GP is not for another month, April 6 in Japan.

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
mmmm. excellent.
1,325 Posts
o3slvr1 said:
yamaha was in the 200 but the guys who were racing them were privaters. Pascal Picote #21(i think thats how you spell his name) and Larry pegram #72. Pegram broke towards the end of the race and picote was in 5th at the start of the race but he finished i think 13th.
Nah, Picotte finished 7th behind Ricky Orlando. Pretty damn good for only having the bike for 2 weeks prior to the race.

I look for the 04 R1 to become a more prominent privateer tool in 04, and to have full factory superbike backing in 05.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts