Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Getting there!
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi peps, so I decided not to jump on the 08 r1 this year and might go with the r6, as well as keeping my 06 r1. Though keeping my R1 Im going to turn it into a racing machine, rims engine work the hole 9 yards. Though Im still going to have it as a daily driver, I was thinking if I installed light weight rims on it will they get damaged on NYC streets. I read many past reviews but still can't find the answer to this?????? Need help Im planning to start this mods soon.:fork

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
I peps, so I decided not to jump on the 08 r1 this year and might go with the r6, as well as keeping my 06 r1. Though keeping my R1 Im going to turn it into a racing machine, rims engine work the hole 9 yards. Though Im still going to have it as a daily driver, I was thinking if I installed light weight rims on it will they get damaged on NYC streets. I read many past reviews but still can't find the answer to this?????? Need help Im planning to start this mods soon.:fork
bit of a stupid question as any amount of variables come into the question! e.g what wheels? what type of pothole/bump? what speeds? etc etc etc etc. there is a compromise with anything like this.

·
my R1 is inside of you
275 Posts

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
I was thinking if I installed light weight rims on it will they get damaged on NYC streets. I read many past reviews but still can't find the answer to this?????? Need help Im planning to start this mods soon.:fork
I use my 02 as a daily driver in Detroit, and I'm sure the roads here in Detroit are as bad as NYC. I've had my Marchesini's on for over 4yrs, and one major crash, all with no damage. With todays technology the forged rims & CF rims are every bit as durable (or better), than the OEM cast rims :thumbup

Attachments

·
Getting there!
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking into the Marchesini rims, and I kinda feel that I just run track days so I want to leave them installed, on or off the track. RORLOW, I read in another post that you have even been in an accident with those rims, and they are still mint.

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.