Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
My R1 Eats Me.
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone ever seen this ram air box? Looks very great.









Ok here they are. I have the site somewhere I just have to find it. This guy want $650 for this and claims 6-10hp.

It looks sweet as hell though.


WES
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
31,510 Posts
R101 said:
I have all the pics. I just can't upload the other ones because I need to resize them. I can't do this at work.



WES
what brand airbox is it?
 

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
Joined
·
2,684 Posts
i've seen it on e-bay a lot... can't remember the company that makes it though
 

·
yield
Joined
·
17,823 Posts
The attached pics show to different grills... as well the grill are inefficient as I would remove them.
Hope you can get a link
xDx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,468 Posts
that might be a decent ram air, but the carbs are what you need to woryr about. where the carbs pull in the pressure source, etc....ivan explained it all to me and it's not easy to make one run right
 

·
yield
Joined
·
17,823 Posts
Ive heard this too... air box mad can be as good as bad, hard to tune accurately
 

·
My R1 Eats Me.
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I have the site. The guy makes undetails, huggers and stuff also.


First I need to make sure i'm not violating any forum rules and
Second I need to ask him. I'm sure he won't mind but I will still ask. I will send him an email so I will let you all no today. I'm sure he will say yes if he's smart but if he says no I will email who wants a link.



WES
 

·
yield
Joined
·
17,823 Posts
R101 said:
Yes I have the site. The guy makes undetails, huggers and stuff also.


First I need to make sure i'm not violating any forum rules and
Second I need to ask him. I'm sure he won't mind but I will still ask. I will send him an email so I will let you all no today. I'm sure he will say yes if he's smart but if he says no I will email who wants a link.



WES
No breaking of rules if you provide a link so we can get better info on the product. I beleive the rules are against anyone selling product through the forum if not a sponsor:)
 

·
The biggest Woody!
Joined
·
1,759 Posts
I put a ram air box on my old 99 R1 and never did get the carbs sorted out after. definitely a hard thing to tune.
 

·
My R1 Eats Me.
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sawboy said:
I put a ram air box on my old 99 R1 and never did get the carbs sorted out after. definitely a hard thing to tune.
I heard this also.

He claims he can smooth out everything. He even offers to send instructions of what to do to the carbs.



WES
 

·
My R1 Eats Me.
Joined
·
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
xdonniedarkox said:
The attached pics show to different grills... as well the grill are inefficient as I would remove them.
Hope you can get a link
xDx
I said the same thing about the grill when I first seen it then I realized how many junbugs(insects) would get sucked in there without it. It's right below the lights so there will be a lot of bugs in that area.



WES
 

·
Blue is best
Joined
·
787 Posts
R101 said:
I heard this also.

He claims he can smooth out everything. He even offers to send instructions of what to do to the carbs.



WES

You can also pm me if you buy this box (or any ram type box) and I will get your carbs sorted easily. Been doing it for several years now.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top