Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm aware this doesn't belong here but because of the following contents and the members within the general section i'd post it.

Hmmmm, where to start i don't really know but i'll try.

Within the last few months i've found myself becoming more of an adversary than a fellow rider/scooter fanatic as i've switched from an R1 to a zx10r (sometime this year) for a mear step outside my box so to speak as the 10r will be orange (different) and secondly a Kwak (yet again diff) but in my own defense my ongoing debates/heated discussions within this forum i truely enjoy are not one steming from my switch but more to do with me as a person and my beliefs if you will of how i conduct and carry myself amongst others in regards to my own honesty and integrity surrounding threads/topics etc.

I cannot retrieve my replies nor can i change the impressions left upon the members they were directed to or against as that is solely at your discretion to accept or deny my sincere apologies.

Regards Dana/BD

·
Speed is good.
1,940 Posts
It's good to have opinions and experiences coming from members that don't all ride the same equiptment IMO. Hope you're not apologizing for expressing your honest opinions?

·
OG Moderator
996 Posts
I, for one, enjoy your posts...post on BD.

I really wanna know how that scooter goes on the track!

·
Backmarker
2,000 Posts
Hey BD, have no idea what you're talking about, but everything I have read that you have posted, I have appreciated your point of view., and thought that you have been quite fair and insightful. I defeinitely don't hold it against you that your taste in motorcycles has turned to crap, but hey, we're all human, right? J/K! I too am looking forward to hearing how your orange meanie fares at the track

·
For the Love of.........Riding
6,718 Posts
I've seen it BD I don't care what you ride

I like the 10r

orange would by my choice if I got one

Don't worry its all good

·
Registered
785 Posts
Intelligent opinions are always good. Dissenting or not.

Besides, it appears at this point that the ZX-10R and the R1 are pretty evenly matched. After all, I think that many of us are just interested in the advancing state of the art. I am personally blown away by the idea that I can go to my dealer and purchase a machine that is better than a MotoGP machine of a few years ago.

I can't wait to be able to go buy a Honda RCV-211.

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
Why apologize? I hope you know that many people here have a lot of respect for your posts and opinion. And I hope you didn't take some of the fun as personal sometimes.

:)

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
There is a need of more members on this forum with good knowledge about bikes. Martinc can't answer all the questions himself :rolleyes:

Stick around, if that is what you're planning not to.

You're a great asset to this forum!

It is not about What we ride, but that we all ride and enjoy the passion of being on 2 wheels.

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
Swedie said:
There is a need of more members on this forum with good knowledge about bikes. Martinc can't answer all the questions himself :rolleyes:

Stick around, if that is what you're planning not to.

You're a great asset to this forum!

It is not about What we ride, but that we all ride and enjoy the passion of being on 2 wheels.
BD:

You have always been an honest source of information, and sometimes people are just unable to accept a brutally honest answer. Some leap to conclusions before thoroughly reading what you've written, and/or take your comments completely out of context.

IMO, your a wealth of good information, this forum thrives on knowledgeable content that forum members like yourself & MartinC provide.

Keep up the good work & kudo's for being a gentleman (even if it wasn't called for) :thumbup

·
MOTO-HEDONIST
209 Posts
Apologies Not necessary BD. . . Thinking outside the box as You put it keeps this interesting. . . Not everyone is always going to like what some one else has to say or think without a doubt. The beauty is I for one have had one hell of a ride just being exposed to folks such as Your self, Eyespy, & dare I even mention WINDERS. . .Yikes. . .;)

Thanks for Your input here . . . besides anyone who can put together a bike Like the last one You did is a Stud in My book . . .regardless of the Brand smiles . . .

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
2,448 Posts
Big Daddy said:
I'm aware this doesn't belong here but because of the following contents and the members within the general section i'd post it.

Hmmmm, where to start i don't really know but i'll try.

Within the last few months i've found myself becoming more of an adversary than a fellow rider/scooter fanatic as i've switched from an R1 to a zx10r (sometime this year) for a mear step outside my box so to speak as the 10r will be orange (different) and secondly a Kwak (yet again diff) but in my own defense my ongoing debates/heated discussions within this forum i truely enjoy are not one steming from my switch but more to do with me as a person and my beliefs if you will of how i conduct and carry myself amongst others in regards to my own honesty and integrity surrounding threads/topics etc.

I cannot retrieve my replies nor can i change the impressions left upon the members they were directed to or against as that is solely at your discretion to accept or deny my sincere apologies.

Regards Dana/BD

??? huh?

get that green scooter trash outa here!

just kiddin bro. screw em if they cant take it. That Kaw is a bad ass bike. I personally dont care for them but if it wasnt for all the competition, we wouldnt be enjoying the machines we have today. :thumbup

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
Dana, if you are planning on leaving us without the joy of your presence, please reconsider.
Most of the members of the forum are good people who enjoy the right to honestly debate with others who are not of the same opinions as themselves.
I for one am personally glad that you are here to give the occasional verbal "slap" to somebody who is talking out their ass no matter what they ride.

Besides, if we all agreed on everything, the world would be a pretty boring race, and we'd all still be riding bikes from 20 years ago.

Personally i like the R1, but if i was buying in 04, I'd have to consider all of the new bikes, as they all seem to have certain advantages.

Change and discussion make the world move forward, so please, keep giving your opinions, and keep gracing us with your presence.

Besides, i don't want Martin thinking he's all that any more than he currently does!!! :crash

·
HighRider
699 Posts
As a former Kwak owner, I understand and respect your opinions as we all have them. Everyone rides different bikes, but they are bikes none the less. We all learn from each other. Ride safe have fun and if your ever in my neck of the woods I'l ride with ya.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts