Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Famous last words..Watch this
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, when I bought my bike I opted for the tire guard warranty. Good thing I did cuz I picked up a nail, and being a few weeks before Christmas that ain't cool. I take it to the dealership I bought it from, and to start with the guy (shop manager) don't know what size I have on it. He tells me it's a 180/55. I say no, it's a 190/50. OK, he then proceeds to argue with me about the type of tire. I tell him Pirelli Diablo Corsa, stock tire from the factory :fact (he should know this IMO) and he tells his guy to check it cuz that ain't right. I say yeah it is, I know what I have on my shiz. His guy comes back, and now he's proven wrong on both cases. Now he tells me they don't keep Pirelli's in stock, cuz they are too expensive and people in this area don't want them. Long story short, I now have a Michelin Pilot Power on the rear and a Pirelli on the front. I don't really care about the different tires besides the aesthetic appeal, but it seems like they should have some on hand, seeing as how Yamaha chose them as factory tires. Pissed me off though cuz he wanted to stand there and argue with me and he is supposed to be the "expert". And the price difference between the 2 tires is only about $40 at most places. Dumb bish... :2bitchsla

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would not have settled for mis-matched tires. They should know better and not do it to a high performance sportbike. As you have found out, many dealers have no clue what's going on around them. Just take a look at some of the people they hire. Many of them know nothing about bikes.
Yeah dude, I think my wife knows more about bikes then some of the jackasses that work around here, and that ain't saying much. They said they could order a Pirelli for me, but it would take about 2 weeks, and being a daily commuter, my bike is basically my sole source of transportation. I figured I'd get through Christmas, and then order a new set of Pirelli's.

put a nail in the pirelli tire and get the matching michelin

:lol I was thinking the same thing... :sing:

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
think your asking for trouble running mismatched tires. Same company, different tires is ok. Should get that changed ASAP, if I were you.
Yeah mang, Ima get a new set of Pirellis in January, wish I could do it before then, but Christmas time makes the bank account cry...Still consdiering picking up a nail in the fornt though.. :sneaky

Yea and everytime you mention a lag issue for the 07's they all say that they've never heard of such issue. He he he.
That is exactly what they told me me when I asked about it, so I called Yamaha and told them what I was told, and the guy said to have the stealership call them and they will verify that it is a recall item, their expense.

Mine came with the Pilot Powers but obviously yours didn't so they should have replaced it with what came on it.

Did you opt for the PP's because you didn't want to wait for the Pirellis to come in ? Just wondering...I know how you ex-Marines can be...because I'm one myself...good ole' J'ville.:lol
Yeah, mine had the Pirelli's on it, and I didn't want to wait for them to order one, and end up not getting it till mid-January sometime....Devil, patience is a virtue, and you know none of us are issued that on PI...You know which dealer I am talking about though I'm sure, right there near Dirtwood on 24... :no

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.