Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

RE: perfomance

690 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Abe 
#1 ·
Hey there,

I've had my R1 for two weeks now...:cool: :cool: :cool:

I have knotched up 1300 kms & it's just about broken in. Couple questions for you R1 owners, what is the best steering dampner to buy? I hear the adjustable "Scotts" is one of the best? I am also wondering what exhaust to put on it & when I change the exhaust, do I change the whole pipe or just get the end piece?

#2 ·
Hi Adrian,

I have an Öhlins damper on wich works perfectly, I can really recommend it. For the exhaust - if you want more power, sound and looks you should go for a hole system. But if you just want to improve looks and sound ( and maybe a couple of hp) go for a slip-on.
If you go for a hole system you will most likely shift your horsepower to somewear else on the curve. Just make sure that you get the desired horsepower at your desired rev.

#3 ·
Definatley looking for more horsepower, I can already tell the standard exhaust is restricting my little baby..

but how hard is it to choose an exhaust!!!

Akrapovic ,
Yoshimura ,
Dynojet ...

there just too many, although someone in here told me to go for Akrapovic. Then whether to get titanium alloy or carbon fibre. I think I'll get carbon fibre because they have a sweet sound

#4 ·
Well....

If you got the money you can get the treats. Consult a few people in racing, they know how to optimise the R1. You know like a superproduction kit. It´ll cost you some money, but it will pay off. And why not Akra. Then get it on the dyno and optimise carburators etc. to get the most out of your new system.

Good luck brotha...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.