1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Recreational adrenaline user
1,375 Posts
Cool video. Although, I could've done without the 90's talk show spoof part. That was borderline awkward to watch
Come on who doesn't like a good Jerry Springer show?

Hey guys, thanks for watching and thanks for the feedback!

I hosted this video but my "real" job is to manage all the video and blog content at BikeBandit. We've been taking some risks lately, trying to deliver good informative content but make it funny and fresh at the same time. It's good to hear what you thought, good or bad, so we can fine tune our videos as we grow.

Any ideas you have for improvements we can make or content you think would be helpful please send it my way and I promise you we'll work on it.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Okay, the $240 glove is better than the $60 knock off, but I wonder how the $60 knock offs compare to $60 brand name gloves. my $70 Cortech gloves probably aren't much different than the knock off alpinestars. Pretty sure they don't have Kevlar in them :/

·
WOG
6,043 Posts
Any ideas you have for improvements we can make or content you think would be helpful please send it my way and I promise you we'll work on it.
Aaron, you seem like you have a good personality, let that come across.

Great side by side comparison. More info like this and product reviews with you just delivering the knowledge and you're good to go.:fact

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for watching and thanks for the feedback!

Thanks guys!
I really like the video. This is the kind of info people really want. This stuff comes up so often on the forums. I would love to see a comparison between the fake and real Rizoma Next brake fluid reservoirs. Some people said they're gtg, but one guy on here had one break open for no reason. Obviously if they break open they're putting your life at risk. They look exactly the same though on the outside. Would love to see them opened up side by side like this. Might save some lives too.

If I could offer one piece of advice. The gloves being different colors made it hard for me to see the difference between them. Maybe get the same style next time.

·
1,375 Posts
Okay, the $240 glove is better than the $60 knock off, but I wonder how the $60 knock offs compare to $60 brand name gloves. my $70 Cortech gloves probably aren't much different than the knock off alpinestars. Pretty sure they don't have Kevlar in them :/
This is a good point Kyoto. Honestly, I'd put the knockoffs up against any other glove in the price range and I bet they'd perform well. The makers obviously put a ton of effort into replicating the high-end Astars gloves, and while they failed to match the quality of that glove, they ended up making what seems like a pretty good glove in the process.

Moral of the story is that you're definitely not getting real Astars gloves for $60, not even close. But are you getting a decent glove for your money? I'd have to say yes!

·
1,375 Posts
Aaron, you seem like you have a good personality, let that come across.

Great side by side comparison. More info like this and product reviews with you just delivering the knowledge and you're good to go.:fact
Thanks a lot SPanega, that means a lot. I'm actually in charge of all content creation at BikeBandit, and while we've been taking some risks and having a lot of fun making videos like this, I think we're missing the mark a bit with our customers.

Going forward, we're going to shorten things up a bit and just deliver the high quality information our customers are looking for, no fluff, and do our best to be a solid resource for riders on the web.

·
1,375 Posts
I really like the video. This is the kind of info people really want. This stuff comes up so often on the forums. I would love to see a comparison between the fake and real Rizoma Next brake fluid reservoirs. Some people said they're gtg, but one guy on here had one break open for no reason. Obviously if they break open they're putting your life at risk. They look exactly the same though on the outside. Would love to see them opened up side by side like this. Might save some lives too.

If I could offer one piece of advice. The gloves being different colors made it hard for me to see the difference between them. Maybe get the same style next time.
That's a great suggestion, and if we carried Rizoma products, I'd definitely work on it!

Funny thing about the gloves is, I ordered the same pair for exactly that reason, but the black ones showed up. After waiting 3 weeks for them to ship from China, I wasn't about to try to get them exchanged! We just rolled with it.

If you found the dissecting of the gear informative, I think you'll like some of our upcoming videos too. While they won't all be "real vs. fake," I will be cutting up more top-of-the-line motorcycle gear on camera!

I think its important that people be able to see what they're really paying 100s of dollars for, both inside and out! Plus the "shock factor" helps. :icon_eek:

·
Venom X/O
23,218 Posts
Does this mean you may crash test some stuff like STG.com does? :scared

Good video, definitely agree that the fluff may deter some viewers. Maybe put outtakes or jokes at the end, for the entertainment factor? I love watching outtake stuff :lol

·
kickin' at the darkness
9,994 Posts
interesting video, could really do without the Gerry Springer portions...

personally when i go browsing for information about a certain product, i'm not just looking at one video and calling it a day.. so i look for factual information and pretty much nothing else

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
bacchus40
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing