Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting the Mirage slip on for my 01 R1 and I need some sugestions on what to do with my right rear peg bracket. Right now it has the exhaust mount on it, but with my new exhaust the mount is not going to look right. I want to keep the whole bike very clean looking.
I thought about possibly getting another left rear bracket, and turning my peg backwards. I have the esd round pegs so i dont think I will have a problem. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this? Or different sugestions? Will the newer R1's with the undertail exhaust brackets fit?
This is the exhaust so I will not need the mount.

·
The Patient
1,643 Posts
how bout you just cut he mount part off and grind it down nicely, have both sides powder coated the same color, silver or whatever is close. done deal, if i understand your question correctly

if you can give me a measurement from center to center on your rear pass bracket, i can measure mine and see if an o5 rear pass bracket will fit

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am confused some

do you need a bracket fabbed?

i can do carbon if that helps?
The stock rear peg bracket has the exhaust mount. With the new exhaust I'm getting that mount is going to look odd because my new exhaust wont use it because its so short. Can you make both rear peg brackets out of carbon fiber? How much?

see in the pic the mount for the exhaust? well its going to look very odd without an exhaust there.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
how bout you just cut he mount part off and grind it down nicely, have both sides powder coated the same color, silver or whatever is close. done deal, if i understand your question correctly

if you can give me a measurement from center to center on your rear pass bracket, i can measure mine and see if an o5 rear pass bracket will fit
well I was going to polish them. But if I grind it down and have them chromed, that would prolly work. And the rear bracket is between 2 1/4 and 2 1/2 inches from center to center.
thanks alot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.