Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RIDE OR DIE
270 Posts
Getting either Sato or Gilles rear sets for my 01 R1.
Which one is smoother, quicker and more comfortable?
Any input will be appreciate.:sneaky
1st let me say that I like them both and they are sweet as hell so it all preference man. I have the sato's because I got a deal on them and they shift very smooth and great qaulity as well. Also parts can be found pretty easy.

Attachments

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
ever considered Harris Performance, had these on my 02 for 5yrs & one nasty crash without any problems, and spare parts are readily available :bow

clutch & frame sliders are Harris too :sneaky

Attachments

·
Team STG Racing
67 Posts
I have had both (and several others). I had Sato's on my old Gixxer 1k and they were nice, but I prefer the Gilles. I have the Gilles on my current R1 and will continue to use them from now on.

They seem more "solid" and "smooth" and i think they look better. Not to mention that replacement parts for the Gilles are easy to find.

This is just personal preference, you will be happy with either.

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
sato's have short footpegs so if you ride a lot on the street they might not be the best. Gilles I can't think of a negative at all.

Gilles are German made
Sato's are Japan.

Both are great though. The very short footpeg for the street is the only complaint we have heard about the sato's, other then that they are great. Any questions ask as I have rode with all of them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sato's have short footpegs so if you ride a lot on the street they might not be the best. Gilles I can't think of a negative at all.

Gilles are German made
Sato's are Japan.

Both are great though. The very short footpeg for the street is the only complaint we have heard about the sato's, other then that they are great. Any questions ask as I have rode with all of them.
Thanks, I will go with Gilles since German tech.:rock
P.S They are both adjustable rear sets, rite? If so, Sato's problem still can't be solved?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.