Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Owner of the color changing R1
16,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to work on the bike alittle today and noticed the rear sprocket looked like this. WTF! I dont know whats causing it. I cant guess how many miles are on the sprocket. maybe 10K...no clue since I never get to really ride anymore. I usually adjust the chain every few rides or so. And I use chain lube on it every 600 miles...again im lucky to ride 200 miles a month these days. My gf does enjoy riding and shes been riding 2 up the last few times i've gotten the bike out. chain tightness/slack is in spec. front sprocket looks good compared to rear sprocket.

· Owner of the color changing R1
16,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and yes the bike it filthy, so is my car and the other motorcycle. when i do have a day off and want to clean them im running errads or its fvckin raining

· Cant we all just ride along!?
38 Posts
Just guessing here but maybe the rear wheel is not adjusted evenly from left to right? thats the only thought I have. I have almost 10,000 on my stock sprocket and chain and my sprocket still looks almost new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.