Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys so I'm about done with my winter mods this year. My 08 is looking good. But one problem I have is I now have a side mount exhaust and now the tail kinda looks silly. I'm thinking A. Doing a r6 tail conversation which will be a lot of work. Or B. Get maybe race fairings and mod them for lights. Any suggestions...for the guys who have done the side mount exhaust on your r1s, what did you do?

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
The R6 tail is a lot of work... But, it looks really really good (in my opinion) The race fairings modded for lights would probably be the easiest but I hope you have a steady hand cuz cutting for the brake light takes some patience.

· Sir Douglas
4,795 Posts
I had a fellow member on here plastic weld my undertail to fill in all holes when I had a low mount. What did you wind up going with for a low mount set up?

Catalystracing also sells an undertail that comes with it being all filled in as well.

· I bring nothing to the table!
319 Posts
I just modded a stock undetail.
Plastic welding and epoxying two pieces into it.

I couldn't wait to get it painted so I just wrapped it in 3M carbon sticker lol

Mines obviously an 06 but you get the idea....

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a fellow member on here plastic weld my undertail to fill in all holes when I had a low mount. What did you wind up going with for a low mount set up?

Catalystracing also sells an undertail that comes with it being all filled in as well.
I actually went with a company that makes the low mount shorty for a r1 called Coffman...it looks amazing and sounds awesome...not to worried about performance.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the responses guys..think I'm going to go with the catalyst under tail until I get the confidence to so the r6 mod...here's a few pics of her now
whats with all the drool under it??

why only left rear peg??.... stand-ups??
I just got through washing it...and no its got both pegs...just hard to see the right peg in the pic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.