Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cant turn right king
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was woundering if a 2001 R1 rear tire/rim/axle is the same and will fit on a 1999 R1?

and for the oil, my bike has been dead dry of oil for about a month.. The oilfilter was never put on right and leaked EVERYTHING out.. and has been sitting without the filter on for quite some time. What is the proper way to get the oil back in and started..(get the inside all lubed up)

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
wheel etc will fit. as long as theres oil in the oil pump (which there will be) just fill up again and start.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
The wheel ect.. will fit. As for the oil the main thing you have to worry about is how much moisture if any entered the engine. But if only a month and it was not outside, I would replace the filter put in new oil. Then start it up let it warm up, listen for any strange noises. Take it out for a short ride listen to it again, if all sounds good. Ride about 100 miles then change the oil and filter again.

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,626 Posts
if you really worried, you could always put a few drops into the cylinders from the sparkplug holes, and put it on a stand, in gear and turn the motor by spinnig the back tire. Mostly i'd be worried about the clutch plates more than anything. The friction plates may have dried and stuck to the metal plates. If so, riding it should free that up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts