Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm looking to pick up some rearsets ASAP. I've always ran stock sets on my bikes, I don't have any experience with either of these sets. I think there both nice looking but I'm leaning a little more towards the driven set. So I guess my question to you is..how good are each of these? Is driven worth the extra money, or should I take advantage of the vortex set for only 314 on motomummy? I'm on a 2010 R1 by the way. I ride street only. Possibly gonna try out some track days this season. Thanks.

· Ditch Digger
393 Posts
All the Driven stuff I've ever bought has been really good, and I've heard good things about their rearsets, and think they look a little nicer than the Vortex.

That being said, I've had 2 sets of the Vortex on different bikes and could not be happier with them. They work really well, are priced right, and it's really easy to get spare parts.

If you're interested in the Vortex, shoot a PM or call Rider's Discount - they hooked me up with a fantastic price, and I'm sure they could do the same for you.

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
I've never heard anything bad about Driven and have never used their rearsets so I can't say anything negative here!

I have vortex rearsets and I love them... I've ridden the crap outta them, crashed the crap outta them (replaced a few parts here and there), and I love the crap outta them!

My only complaint about the vortex's is that they literally chew the crap outta the bottom of your boots... I know it pisses some people off... I personally don't mind it much just because I know I'm getting the grip... If you are just cruising around town this won't be an issue... It's more so aggressive riding when you are constantly moving your footing!

Best of luck on your purchase! I'm sure you'll be happy with either choice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.