Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha R-1
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey how’s it going ? So I’m redoing my r1 completely redone fairing pow Eder coating the polished frame painting wheels , new mirrors with blinkers ,and all new lights, pegs ,throttle ,brake / clutch levers, steam cleaning everything like new . My engine has 30k on it and is great quite for a yamy engine . So my issue is that my second gear dogs gone if I hit second and rpms hit 2.9-3k neutral bound. It needs attention I rode last summer 1st to 3rd and it’s gravy after that no others issues but I spent soooo much $ on everything else that I can’t afford a used engine cheapest I’ve found was a 1000$ and I can rebuild the tranny but not a lot of time and I’m the type of guy that I’m not going to do just the tranny if I’m in that engine it’s going to be brand new . Zero mile engine . That’s what should be done if your opening it up anyway . If any one knows of an engine for cheap plz forward me the info for it . My plan would be to use the new one and rebuild mine so I can ride while I save and build. I just want 2nd gear back 1 st and 3 rd wheelies suck 😒 plus second is my cruising around gear sounds crazy but I really miss second gear . I love my r1 always will I’ve had this bike for years alway take care of it and fix what’s wrong ASAP . Maybe upgrading to a newer model once it’s done but keeping my 00 . What year r1 is the better year between 2010-2015 ? Or should I go for the 2021 ? Problem is if I’m buying new and financing I’m going r1 M all day lol . Sorry for the erratic post I’m new this is my first post and I hate all theses decisions decisions decisions 🤯 . Anyway guys stay safe ride on and straight up 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻 I’m adding a pic of what I’m at now 😁 the white r1 that’s my dream bike 🤙
FCCA3DA6-072B-41E2-B77F-FB34A55860E5.jpeg

·
Registered
372 Posts
Oh my!! 😳 I wasn’t expecting to see the carnage behind the Subaru.
Wheelies are what makes second gear go by by on your bike. Just saying.

·
Registered
2008 r1
731 Posts
Oh my!! 😳 I wasn’t expecting to see the carnage behind the Subaru.
Wheelies are what makes second gear go by by on your bike. Just saying.
Haven't they revised the dogs twice on the r1 because of people blowing out second? I've missed it a time or two on mine. It can be picky.

PSA: Don't drink and ride. It's expensive and dangerous.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have no idea on the revisions but will take your word for it.
On my first 5JJ I would just back off the throttle and reopen it to send the front end airborne. All it would take is that simple preloading of the front suspension and......Blue sky
On this 5JJ I just refrain.
On a Ducati 748s I had, just fanning the clutch was my preferred method to wheelie.

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha R-1
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Does revise mean the same as recall ? If so I don’t have to be original owner to get recalls ? I just always fix it myself because I enjoy fixing it almost as much as I enjoy breaking it lol “straight up “ 😁 but after new engine times for retirement and newer R-1 or ninja h2 I’m not a trader but that bike is f$&@ing crazy fast 🤯🤯😏😏😏😏😏 I’ll keep my baby though she’s been good to me .

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha R-1
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea on the revisions but will take your word for it.
On my first 5JJ I would just back off the throttle and reopen it to send the front end airborne. All it would take is that simple preloading of the front suspension and......Blue sky
On this 5JJ I just refrain.
On a Ducati 748s I had, just fanning the clutch was my preferred method to wheelie.
Any bike worth a damn just hit it twice and straight up fact the R-1 is just a special kind of wheelie bike 😏

·
Registered
2008 r1
731 Posts
Does revise mean the same as recall ? If so I don’t have to be original owner to get recalls ? I just always fix it myself because I enjoy fixing it almost as much as I enjoy breaking it lol “straight up “ 😁 but after new engine times for retirement and newer R-1 or ninja h2 I’m not a trader but that bike is f$&@ing crazy fast 🤯🤯😏😏😏😏😏 I’ll keep my baby though she’s been good to me .
Revision and recall are completely different. They went from 3 to 4 dogs and they changed material. Your machine being an early model you'll need to go back with 3 dogs. On later years they are different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts