Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

401 - 417 of 417 Posts

·
Not every man really lives
3,263 Posts
That sucks, Yamaha is supposed to replace the CCT regardless of warranty or not. The dealership that replaced my CCT and addressed my headlight issue told me that prior to them ordering the parts for my bike. They ran my VIN and I was all set from there.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well I called Teammoto Blacktown today and they recorded my vin and rego and told me they'll call back. Also rang Bikebiz Paramatta, they are aware of both CCT and headlight issue and told me to bring the bike down so they can have a look at it.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
118 Posts
ive been waiting for 4 months now to get my cct recall done and my dealer keep saying "its on back order" really? i spend 11k on a bike and now yamaha or dealer cant fix $100 problem.
anyone else going thru same shit?

·
Registered
21 Posts
No I think it gets melted by the sun being focused through the head lamp, like a magnifing glass. I'm not too sure what they do to fix it but i think it is something like a sticker that go's on the under side of the head lamp to block the light from focusing.
I bought a clear, un-tinted windshield from Puig and there was a warning with it that it should not be left out, uncovered in direct sunlight. The plastic would act like a magnifying glass and could melt the dash. You could be onto something with that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has any one in the USA had there dealer contact them about the projector head lamps on the 09 melting holes in the fering's below the lights? Mine did here in Australia, I said "no I don't have any melting in mine" but when I got home and had a close look sure enough there was 4 small melted spots. Yamaha is replacing it and fixing the lights, I was just wondering if it was the same over there.
Hello from croatia
I have 09 yamaha r1 same here
Headlights plastic is melting..small holes
I dont care
I am not the first owner so nothing from the recall

·
Registered
10 Posts
Battery for the 09 yamaha r1 big bang
Now i buy original yuassa battery
Bike is ok 2 years waranty
But i read thet in usa is Shorai battery
Better than original yamaha battery.please help.is that ok for my r1.its lighter its more powerfull
First time i read on the net for the shorai battery
I find it on ebay ..Shorai

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has any one in the USA had there dealer contact them about the projector head lamps on the 09 melting holes in the fering's below the lights? Mine did here in Australia, I said "no I don't have any melting in mine" but when I got home and had a close look sure enough there was 4 small melted spots. Yamaha is replacing it and fixing the lights, I was just wondering if it was the same over there.
Hello from croatia
I have 09 yamaha r1 same here
Headlights plastic is melting..small holes
I dont care
I am not the first owner so nothing from the recall
09 series factory problems
1.problem plastic on the headlights is melting
2. Bike starting from the 2 or 3
Electric factory problem
Buy new starter and regler and its ok.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im assuming the melting is from high temperature from resistance in the circuit. I got a letter but I dont.like other people working on my bike. I rewired the headlights with one gauge higher wire. I also used good solder connection and dielectric grease on connections. Less resistance=less heat. Ive had no melting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also I had to rewire my headlight because it didnt work. But after reading more of the articles I guess its from sunlight. My bike doesnt see much sunlight.

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,420 Posts
:shake...search....

·
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
14,032 Posts
Now i buy original yuassa battery
Bike is ok 2 years waranty
But i read thet in usa is Shorai battery
Better than original yamaha battery.please help.is that ok for my r1.its lighter its more powerfull
First time i read on the net for the shorai battery
A little off topic but I've had a shorai in my 06 for 4 years and it still cranks the shit out of the bike.

401 - 417 of 417 Posts
About this Discussion
416 Replies
111 Participants
cyclepsycho7
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing