Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 417 Posts

·
2009 R1 FTW
131 Posts
just checked mine and yep has the burn marks under both lights so I guess Im gonna be talking to my dealer about it and see what they can do

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
glad to see people are getting this taken care of. but in the future guys; if you live in a dessert dont park your bike in the sun. that kinda seems like common sense to me

·
Call me....Call me Now...
247 Posts
I have the 4 marks on mine to. My bike is parked in the garage all the time except when ridden. Even at the track it's always in the garage.

I've done 13,000km though and thought it was stone chips until I just looked again now and they're exactly the same on both sides.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
^^but you live in a hot climate. i heard the 10's have frosted glass on the bottom of the headlamps to stop this issue. it dosent take more then a few minutes in the right light to do the damage. if you ride in hot climates this is unfortunate side effect. at least dealers are being reasonable and understanding on this

·
Call me....Call me Now...
247 Posts
Yeh I'm not worried about it at all. Will happen again anyway even if it was replaced. I might pop a bit of black tape under the lenses. Need to know the angle of attack from the sun though. Can anyone post up a pic of the 2010 lenses where the frosting is?

I haven't seen 1 here yet.

·
Ravens are sexy
45 Posts
Same for me. the dealer said that the after market windscreen caused it and they will not replace the melted instrument panel on my 07 R6 with extended warranty. Yamaha needs to take responsiblity for this problem. I'm going to call the corporate office tomorrow.

·
2009 R1 FTW
131 Posts
^^but you live in a hot climate. i heard the 10's have frosted glass on the bottom of the headlamps to stop this issue. it dosent take more then a few minutes in the right light to do the damage. if you ride in hot climates this is unfortunate side effect. at least dealers are being reasonable and understanding on this
My dealer said that if it does it agian there going to change out the headlights for the 2010's that are frosted

·
Registered
598 Posts
I was at the dealer today and asked them to cover this under warranty.. They said they have not heard about this issue. I showed the on the 10 in the show room how the bottoms of the lights are frosted. They said they would have to take pics of the damage and send it to yamaha to see what they say.. Grrr now i gotta ride back up there tomorrow..

·
Owner of the color changing R1
16,563 Posts
I was at the dealer today and asked them to cover this under warranty.. They said they have not heard about this issue. I showed the on the 10 in the show room how the bottoms of the lights are frosted. They said they would have to take pics of the damage and send it to yamaha to see what they say.. Grrr now i gotta ride back up there tomorrow..
I told the guy at the dealership about it...he beleived me cause I've dealt with him on 4 different bikes..looked at the lights...said he would call and see if he could get one of the kits in to repair and fix it. called me the next day saying it was in.

but yeah..it is a pain having to go back up there. should be ready in about 2 hours to pick up. the lady at the counter tried to charged me $180 for it...i laughed and said "for what? this is a manufacturers default...its warranty" said ok...and zero'd out the charge

·
look for special phrase here
9,923 Posts
:lol I just read this thread earlier today and said to myself sucks to be these guys. My hids came in, also just today, and when I went outside I noticed that mine has some melted plastic on it :crash FML. Looks like I'll have to bring it in before I put the hids in cuz I kno they will try to give me shit otherwise. I can take pics if anybody would like :dunno

41 - 60 of 417 Posts
About this Discussion
416 Replies
111 Participants
cyclepsycho7
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing