Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recall On The 09 R1

89K views 416 replies 110 participants last post by  cyclepsycho7 
#1 ·
Has any one in the USA had there dealer contact them about the projector head lamps on the 09 melting holes in the fering's below the lights? Mine did here in Australia, I said "no I don't have any melting in mine" but when I got home and had a close look sure enough there was 4 small melted spots. Yamaha is replacing it and fixing the lights, I was just wondering if it was the same over there.

#80 ·
speaking of recalls has anyone got any information on the CCT? Been reading some disturbing things that the 09 has problems... would like to know in advance what I'm getting myself into when I get home and pick one up.

#83 ·
We shoud meet up for a ride sometime. As for my bike, it's in the shop as of last nite. As soon as they get done putting it back together I'm gonna bring it home and tear it all apart :lol HIDs are goin in :hammer:

#88 ·
I honestly don't think there is such a part number. From what I know, the dealership told me it may be an entire headlight assembly swap. Meaning you'd get the 2010 headlight assembly that has the fix inside of the bulb.

I'll post up when I hear what Yamaha's fix is from my dealership. They're looking into it now and will get back to me soon.

#92 ·
They are pulling your leg, my dealer didn't have any idea about it at first. I showed them the melt spots and the new lenses on the 10.. They took pics and said they would have to see what yammy says. About 45mins later i recieved a call back stating that when they called there rep, he new exactly what they were talking about gave them a part# to fix it. But he also said its not a recall and there are no bulletins but they are fixing the issue. So keep at them or call yamaha and complain.

#95 ·
the other dealer just called me back and told me yamaha would replace the black plastic but not the lenses. i told them it was kinda pointless being as theyll just burn again and she agreed. told me to call customer service and try to get approval for the replacement

#104 ·
that's bullshit...why should you have to pay hundreds for a Yamaha F up? my '09 has the burn marks as well, and i'll be calling my dealer tomorrow to see if they'll replace the entire headlight unit.

I wonder why some '09 owners are getting the entire setup and why some are getting some shit sticker :saw:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.