Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I think, therefore I am.
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally reached 600 miles on my new 04 R1, what would be recommeded for oil on these newer machines? After the full 1000 miles is reached, is sythentic safe to put in these or is it not recommended?

·
R-Neo
669 Posts
what is the proper and best way to brake it in? ive heard many diff things along this topic..

·
I think, therefore I am.
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This has been my dream bike since they first came out. Rest assured I am doing everything I can to ensure the bike last as long as I waited. So no I didnt break it in like him, only a few blips past 7k so far. It is very tempting though.

So I should just use regular oil until the other 400 to my 1000, then switch it to synthetic and ride it like a raped ape. Right?

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
alexd said:
This has been my dream bike since they first came out. Rest assured I am doing everything I can to ensure the bike last as long as I waited. So no I didnt break it in like him, only a few blips past 7k so far. It is very tempting though.

So I should just use regular oil until the other 400 to my 1000, then switch it to synthetic and ride it like a raped ape. Right?

Personally I would have broke it in like Mototuneusa suggests. His way is not beating on the bike...yet a better way to get the rings to seat...for less blow-by and longer life of the motor.

Some suggest to wait till about 1500 miles to use synthetic oil...some people like a synthetic blend. I myself use a synthetic blend in the G1k (Golden Spectro 10-40) and in the FZ1 I use Amsoil synthetic 10-40...IMO there is no better synthetic oil on the market than Amsoil.

·
My R1 has a little weiner
485 Posts
MR_GIXXER_MAN said:
IMO there is no better synthetic oil on the market than Amsoil. QUOTE]

I remember a Sport Rider oil comparison test last year that came up with the same conclusion.

·
RS 250 for the track....
410 Posts
Amsoil synthetic 10-40...IMO there is no better synthetic oil on the market than Amsoil.
I totally agree.. and for the two-strokes engines they also make the best injector oil...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts