Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please recommend me places for dyno tune in tristate area.

I would like to flash my ecu and dyno tune.

How much cost do I have to expect?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't waste your money get a flash map and use a self tune device.all your gonna get is a quick time and sent on your way
Can you explain little more? I actually like what you told be better because it is a lot cheaper, I believe. I try to get 3/4 system, but what I concern is that all exhausts have different diameters, shapes, and back pressures.

My question is

1. Will I still get good AFR even though I have a different exhaust system?

2. Will the exhaust system and self tune alter powerband of ecu?

3. If my ecu map and the exhaust system do not match powerband correctly, what is the consequence? Do I compromise powerband?

Thank you in advance.

·
Banned
1,511 Posts
Can you explain little more? I actually like what you told be better because it is a lot cheaper, I believe. I try to get 3/4 system, but what I concern is that all exhausts have different diameters, shapes, and back pressures.

My question is

1. Will I still get good AFR even though I have a different exhaust system?

2. Will the exhaust system and self tune alter powerband of ecu?

3. If my ecu map and the exhaust system do not match powerband correctly, what is the consequence? Do I compromise powerband?

Thank you in advance.
Find a map that's. Close to what you have on your bike then start setting afr's and ride ride ride if feel things you don't like in the powerband pay attention to where it is and make adjustments and keep notes it's all trial and error.sure a Dyno May show you what afr you make most power at on a Dyno but that's not real world.but we may be only talking 5hp or less in the upper Rpm's and high throttle stay between 12.8-13.2 and you will be fine.dont get to technical just get it to where it feels good and enjoy your not racing professional or for money so don't worry about squeezing every bit of power

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Thejman1000
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing