Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
your mom looks hot
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally saw the red R1 today. very, very (very) nice. almost too nice somehow. i'd feel like i was riding a piece of jewelry.
to me, i think the silver is a bit more bad-ass and less "Bentley".

anyway, anyone have a report on how that red is holding up after a few cleanings with some grit to clean off? as gorgeous as the deep red is, i'm thinking it will get really scratched in a hurry. any initial reports welcome -i pick mine up this coming week and it's not too late to switch colors although i feel that silver is in my future.

WOOHOO!!

:butt

·
We All Crave More POWER
321 Posts
No problems with paint what so ever. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the red is actually a base-coat/clear-coat on the fairings as well as the usual tank spec. As a matter of fact I would like to point out the the Yamaha really went all out ont this bike as far as quality and durability. I just got done taking off all the plastics and I was impressed to find that they went tackled little details like putting vibration/heat padding all over the inside of the upper and lower fairings, "clear bra'd" all the quick-bolt holes as to not scortch the paint, the meticulous attention to detail in routing the wires and tubing, an so on and so on (there's more but I can't remember it all right now) I hope this helps.

·
your mom looks hot
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bud. cool input.

:thumbup

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,362 Posts
i just cant wait until i have the money for one maybe in 05 i can have one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts