1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Slow and fat
134 Posts
There was a review on this helmet from webbike the rub is that if you ride a sport bike you are leaned to far forward to see what is behind you.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/reevu/

The view to the rear could be changed by the rider moving his or her head. The system worked much better on an upright motorcycle, like the Triumph Tiger or BMW K1200LT rather than a sportbike. When the rider was leaned too far forward, only the sky was visible in the mirror.

·
4,089 Posts
There was a review on this helmet from webbike the rub is that if you ride a sport bike you are leaned to far forward to see what is behind you.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/reevu/
I don't think that would be that big of a problem. You don't have to constantly see what's behind you. It's no different than the side mirrors. You can't see anything but sky in them when you are leaned forward, and when you want to look in them, you have to adjust your head position. So all you would have to do is tilt your head back a little when you want to check behind you. I'm just wondering if my sunglasses frame will obstruct the view. I've worn the same model of sunglasses for the past 5 years and don't really want to change, but they have a pretty thick frame (Oakley Monster Dogs). I'm pretty interested in this helmet though. I've been itching for a new one lately.

·
milk missle
222 Posts
I don't think that would be that big of a problem. You don't have to constantly see what's behind you. It's no different than the side mirrors. You can't see anything but sky in them when you are leaned forward, and when you want to look in them, you have to adjust your head position. So all you would have to do is tilt your head back a little when you want to check behind you. I'm just wondering if my sunglasses frame will obstruct the view. I've worn the same model of sunglasses for the past 5 years and don't really want to change, but they have a pretty thick frame (Oakley Monster Dogs). I'm pretty interested in this helmet though. I've been itching for a new one lately.

I think since your leaned forward that the mirror would be right in your field of vision

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't know initially who had heard of this helmet, but I had been looking at it for awhile and thought you guys would enjoy the first leak. NE ways they spent over $2 million in the last 10 years developing it, so I am glad its finally to market.

·
Ginger's Pillar of Strength
801 Posts
I think since your leaned forward that the mirror would be right in your field of vision
I was thinking this would be a problem as well. It's already hard enough to see when you're tucked.

I do love the idea though

·
Registered
814 Posts
ehh...Im sticking with my Arai..why didnt they also invent a helmet to watch movies..so what happens when somebody behind you with high beams on or sun is behind you...still dont think its a good idea for a sportbike rider..more like a distraction..:no

·
4,089 Posts
I think a lot of that has to do with the back of the helmet too. I have a EXO1000 and a AGV XR-2 and I can't tuck enough to look out the windshield with the EXO1000, but fine with the AGV. The EXO sits lower in the rear so I can't tilt my head up enough. I've been wearing my AGV a lot more lately even though the EXO is my new one. The EXO fits my Chatterbox speakers a lot better, and I like the double visors, but it's a lot heavier. I like to wear it when I'm just cruising around, but if I'm going to do some spirited riding, I'll wear my AGV. A person doesn't really need more than one helmet, but I've found that each has it's own purpose, and I like being able to switch between the two for what I need/want that day. The Reevu seems like a helmet I would use to replace my EXO, and still have my AGV for when I want it. I don't tuck that tight on a daily basis, so I would probably use it a lot.

·
4,089 Posts
ehh...Im sticking with my Arai..why didnt they also invent a helmet to watch movies..so what happens when somebody behind you with high beams on or sun is behind you...still dont think its a good idea for a sportbike rider..more like a distraction..:no
You just tilt your head down slightly to get the lights out of the mirror. Same way how you move your head a little when lights are in your side mirrors. They mentioned that in their FAQs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I received an email this morning...to my surprise the highly anticipated Reevu RV MSX1 rear view helmet is now available to the US Market! :sneaky

If you haven't seen it before you need to get to it...It looks amazing! OTD it costs around $400.

Here's the company website : http://www.reevu.com/

Here's where you buy it : http://rearview-helmets.com/

Check out the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9uLsMq7mBE

I've got one. The helmet is the best thing ever. I don't even look into the mirror system as I can see all the time without looking into it. This is really hard to explain unless you have one. Try seeing things in the corner of your eye all the time without looking at them. Its called peripheral vision. dosn't distract me at all and I can see the Police before they see me. this is no ordinary helmet like every other helmet on the shop shelves. The review that Webbike world did was for the old model. Mine has a fully adjustable optic part. I had to adjust it to get the right fit. The liner is top draw and blows my Arai. Its on E bay.. Can't wait to get it on the track, things still a bit cold here, One thing I will say I just can't understand I paid ?249 plus ?20 p&p this helmet is worth more than that its already saved me that in fines. I never liked wearing a helmet always made things a bit closed in and unsafe I love it and think this thing is great. These guys are going to make a fortune I just don't get how they are priced so low. May be a guerilla marketing ploy to get em out there then jack the price up.:hammer::saw:

·
Registered
23 Posts
You just tilt your head down slightly to get the lights out of the mirror. Same way how you move your head a little when lights are in your side mirrors. They mentioned that in their FAQs.
Hey man you aint even got one and you have got it. you are so right all you do is move your head. Its so hard to explain this as it is such a leap in technology. We bikers need as much help as we can get. This helmet is no ordinary helmet and I think it is going to take a lot to swallow. I have bitten the bullet and changed. Once you do you won't go back. I can assure you this is the best buy I have ever made. I guard it every night :saw: It is really good getting back on the road for someone like me who hates helmets. It helps with the claustrophobia that I had:dollar

·
Registered
23 Posts
The back visor has some mercurised coating on that bounces glare back. I have one and I get the glare from the mirrors on the bike not from the helmet. I am ditching the mirrors on the bike they made it look crap any way so now I dont need em:sneaky I hope I dont get into trouble though. If they could catch me:saw:

·
shut up and hold on
1,119 Posts
Saw this product a while back. I was wondering what happened to the concept. Great idea but I would like to be able to wear one while sitting on a bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the Brand new Reevu helmet. The helmet only came off the production line in December 2009. I spoke to the guys at Reevu. The first helmets where a market tester. This helmet has all the upgraded features that Webbike World featured. Mine has a fully adjustable optic part as well as a fully interchangeable liners.. In a plush Grey colour not like the blue ones on Web Bike world. I can't tell you how good this is I really can't. I am a bit of an anti authority type of guy and I can tell you that when I can see the man before he sees me. That is worth a lot more than I paid for this helmet.:saw:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Saw this product a while back. I was wondering what happened to the concept. Great idea but I would like to be able to wear one while sitting on a bike.
By the way the Girl is fantastic. The concept is great. I can tell you the helmet is better. I have had mine for over a month. I never new how much I needed this until I had it. Its like having the best women in the world but not knowing till you have tried it out. :saw:

·
NeeD 4 SpeeD
5,441 Posts
By the way the Girl is fantastic. The concept is great. I can tell you the helmet is better. I have had mine for over a month. I never new how much I needed this until I had it. Its like having the best women in the world but not knowing till you have tried it out. :saw:
show pics of the helmet .
what bike do u ride?
sounds ike spam / marketing bs , and u got only 5 posts

·
Premium Member
8,497 Posts
got some spammers in the thread for sure

1 - 20 of 62 Posts