Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool:
Hey guys
I was wondering how the relationship with your Yamaha deale ris after the sale?

I know that I bought alot of machines over the years and I can't ask for any better service.
Like I go there often and I can sit down eat lunch with them, and help around and liek I aint pressured to be there nor do they try to sell me anything.

its pretty cool

Thanks

·
HighRider
699 Posts
I've been going to the same dealer for 16 years. I am friends with all the guys there. They have been with me since I was a newbie.

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
I only see my dealer to buy new bikes, or pick up maintenance supplies. I pretty much do everything on the bike myself (sometimes w/ help from my buds)... I have been less than impressed with the 3 local Yamaha dealers that I've been to around town...

- BA

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
My Yamaha dealer sucks ass. I don't think they hire anyone with an IQ higher than 30. I don't know about the service dept., I've never been able to make it past the sales and parts. Plus I doo all my own work. I get everything I need except genuine Yamah parts from my Suzuki dealer. Now theres a great bunch of guys.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a great relationship with the Kawasaki/Honda dealer but the Yamaha dealer is terrible. If they had good prices, I'd possibly be more tolerant. They were recently bought out by another...same thing. If I buy a new bike, it will most likely be a Honda but I tend to buy low mileage year old bikes to avoid the hit. I came very close to buying a Black CBR1000 or a Black or Orange ZX10 but I decided to keep the FZ1 and settle :) for a 600 mile 2003 Blue R1.

I love it and I still have my Silver toy.

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
1,238 Posts
GXRKLR said:
My Yamaha dealer sucks ass. I don't think they hire anyone with an IQ higher than 30. I don't know about the service dept., I've never been able to make it past the sales and parts. Plus I doo all my own work. I get everything I need except genuine Yamah parts from my Suzuki dealer. Now theres a great bunch of guys.
Surely you're not talking about Tommy and Jason..:lol

Bell's rocks!

·
DOH !
3,434 Posts
We have decent dealers here in Raleigh but I dont try to be loyal , I shop around for everything , including the bikes themselves . I did purchase my last 2 at TeamPowersports Honda - Yamaha here in Ral., In 2000 I bought my YZ250 , In 2002 I bought my R1 . If I wasnt so broke I would be buying me a track bike this year , oh well , maybe 05 ?!:fork

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,362 Posts
i havent bought a bike from the dealership but the parts department is great as long as im getting some parts the guys dont try to ass rap you i walked into one dealership they wanted double what my dealership wanted for the fairing stay

·
My R1 is P.H.A.T.
61 Posts
BKR1 said:
We have decent dealers here in Raleigh but I dont try to be loyal , I shop around for everything , including the bikes themselves . I did purchase my last 2 at TeamPowersports Honda - Yamaha here in Ral., In 2000 I bought my YZ250 , In 2002 I bought my R1 . If I wasnt so broke I would be buying me a track bike this year , oh well , maybe 05 ?!:fork
They are selling r1's for 10699 plus they had a blue one on the floor. They can:butt

·
running with scissors...
914 Posts
I have a pretty good relationship I guess. I own an ATV tour company so I buy lots of stuff from him. He's holding 20 ATVs for me right now too. One of his new guys asked me the other day how I was gonna pay for some parts and the rest of the guys on the sales floor almost fell down laughing.....they said I was their top two customers just by my self (beating the county). When I bought my R1 I got $100 over employee pricing...mostly case thats what I said I was gonna pay.

·
Can i bum $1
884 Posts
I've only had one dealer (only ever had one bike) but the relationship is non existant but that's how i like it. I do all the work on my bike and it's not old enough for any major work. I got the bike where did because of the hookup in price. So i got what I wanted and they did too. I guess I'm a little spoiled cause i have friends at a couple of dealerships so they are always willing to help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts