Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Road Warrior
721 Posts
All those zeroes just meant that there was 1000 miles of break-in to suffer through, before you could open 'er up!:D Is that an old pic, or is there a way to (accidentally?) reset the mileage? Is there a way to change the display to mph/kph, like the RC51? Is there a battery inside to keep the memory when the battery is out for the winter?

·
'See you in the crosshairs'
86 Posts
You can set the speedo the mph/kph by pressing the buttons, at least you can on the Euro model.
BTW within 40 mls of the zero mine was at the red line in every gear...and it's still going strong..sod running in it's a factory cop out to stop you killing yourself and your wife/mother/child/lover/dog/neighbour/local shop owner...etc putting a claim in against Yamaha.
Heheheheheh!!!!!!!!!

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
I agree with Spike,every bike I have ever owned I put 100 miles on it then rode the fire out of it. If it is gonna break it will do it then(within warranty)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes you can change the speed from mph to kph. You can also change from miles to kilometers. This pic was taken when I first got my bike in early December. I got the bike right out of the creight. It is highly unusual that the dealer lets anyone take a bike home before they test ride it! I'm sure the milage is retained with the battery out since it is against the law to tamper with the odo.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
OH! Stupid me ! :D

Didn't see. Hehe! Okay.. my next bike will hopefully have those fine Zero's that you got there!

·
Natural born looooooser
51 Posts
You wanna hear something scary?? Beside the temperature that was the exact look of my bike when I picked it up from the ground on the start of this season...
Yeah - thats right, I crashed about 70 meters from the store where I bought it....Is it OK for grown men to cry, cause I was damn close?!

There had been a car accident in that crossing earlier that day and it had made the pavement very slippery....you get the rest.

I had to go directly to my bank and take another loan to afford the new parts since my assurance didn´t cover it.

Thats my dream start of this season....:(

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
HAHA Tobbe! I know it's dumb to laugh but.. .. you know.. you should've cried.. It might've made the shop feel guilty and gotten you new parts :D

And you were with me on my second crash, right? In Tyresö. When I instead of taking the right turn.. went straight over the "refugerna" .. I was not that close to cry there.. but I could've!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts