Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today i was trying to remove the fairings from my '08 R1 and the screws are fine, but the fairings are held in places with these plastic clips..

how do you guys remove those? do you just break them and put in new ones ? some of them are in places where i can't axx them from the other side!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Most of them have a little punch in the center. Just get a phillips head screwdriver and push in the middle of the plastic rivet and they will pop right out.

To put them back in, pull out the center, push the rivet into the hole and push the center back in.

That is on my 07, woud assume the 08 is the same.

AK

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
If there the ones with the philips head centers(plastic), just hold the outside, and turn the middle as you were loosening them, opposite to tighten...those arent bad....

the black ones that hold the top tail piece to the bottom by the pipes are straight crap, gotta pull those out with pliers, and be careful...

The suzuki was so much easier to work on, the Yamaha is put together so good you can't take it apart:hammer:

·
Pirate Brian
2,633 Posts
I agree, those little tabs are horrible. I break half of them, such a pain. Just another reason why I like suzuki's. Too bad these R1's look amazing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.