Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
KyleM's 09 R1 is no DESMO! :-)
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I said rent an Anniversary Edition R1 for the R1 Forum convention. :fork

I have 2 available, first come first serve. Make your reservations now at 888-914-HIRE (4473)...Other types of bikes are available also.

First off, if you have never been to the R1/R6 Convention at Deals Gap, this is the year to do it. Go once and you WILL be hooked for life! Hooked on riding the Smoky Mountains and on the people you will get to meet.

If you live far away and dont want to take the extra days it takes to trailer your bike to and from East TN, ((or if you sold your 09 R1....ahem, Bogie)) here is your solution:

For the 2010 convention, the R1/R6 Forum members who rent a bike from me that week for 3 days or more will:

1. Have FREE transportation from the Knoxville airport to Fontana Village and back.

2. Have UNLIMITED miles on the rental bike of their choice.

3. Have a key to a clean, well maintained bike with a full tank of gas waiting for them in front of their hotel when they arrive.

4. Will NOT have to pay extra $$ to check a giant bag of gear onto the plane. We have a limited selection of full leathers, mesh jackets, helmets, gloves, GoPros and other gear here waiting for you to suit up.

5. Have the ability to ride their heart out and not have to dread the forever long drive back to Home Town, USA all week.

All you have to do is get here, we do the rest!!!!

Hope to see you here! See our web site or call for details.

www.sportbikes4hire.com

·
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its all here >> www.sportbikes4hire.com go to the "Rent Now" tab on the right and you can run different scenarios without actually booking.

Bikes range from $135-$175 per day with discounts at 4 and 7 days.

Gear ranges from $5 - $20 per day.

Insurance is $20 per day.

·
Premium Member
8,497 Posts
bump for a great deal right here

·
arrivederci
8,674 Posts
very cool.

·
Ravens are sexy
45 Posts
man, sounds like a great deal!!!!

·
Booya
34,507 Posts
Thanks Steve! By the way, a fleet of track bikes is in the works for the near future.:sneaky
Now that's cool right there. it's a guaranteed wrecked bike though - I'm interested to hear how you plan to work the details.

·
My liver hates me......
1,737 Posts
Yes, I said rent an Anniversary Edition R1 for the R1 Forum convention. :fork

I have 2 available, first come first serve. Make your reservations now at 888-914-HIRE (4473)...Other types of bikes are available also.

First off, if you have never been to the R1/R6 Convention at Deals Gap, this is the year to do it. Go once and you WILL be hooked for life! Hooked on riding the Smoky Mountains and on the people you will get to meet.

If you live far away and dont want to take the extra days it takes to trailer your bike to and from East TN, ((or if you sold your 09 R1....ahem, Bogie)) here is your solution:

For the 2010 convention, the R1/R6 Forum members who rent a bike from me that week for 3 days or more will:

1. Have FREE transportation from the Knoxville airport to Fontana Village and back.

2. Have UNLIMITED miles on the rental bike of their choice.

3. Have a key to a clean, well maintained bike with a full tank of gas waiting for them in front of their hotel when they arrive.

4. Will NOT have to pay extra $$ to check a giant bag of gear onto the plane. We have a limited selection of full leathers, mesh jackets, helmets, gloves, GoPros and other gear here waiting for you to suit up.

5. Have the ability to ride their heart out and not have to dread the forever long drive back to Home Town, USA all week.

All you have to do is get here, we do the rest!!!!

Hope to see you here! See our web site or call for details.

www.sportbikes4hire.com

Whats to stop the average asswad renting one of these, and abusing the engine? OR say a mechanical issue occurs, does it auto default to him as the rider or do you all cover that. Example stator fails....

·
arrivederci
8,674 Posts
Time for a couple of Aussies to step up; their excuses have now been eliminated. :fact
I would go back just to drink with PS.

·
R1 Addict
2,870 Posts
congrats on getting everything up and running McCoy! Best wishes and prayers for you. :D

·
Chicken strips GONE!!
1,600 Posts
That's awesome... I'm keeping tabs on this... :rock

·
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now that's cool right there. it's a guaranteed wrecked bike though - I'm interested to hear how you plan to work the details.
Now come on, I cant share my plans to take over the world with every one. :sneaky All that is being considered and its still looking good, its just a matter of time now.

Whats to stop the average asswad renting one of these, and abusing the engine? OR say a mechanical issue occurs, does it auto default to him as the rider or do you all cover that. Example stator fails....
1. A $2500 damage deposit.

2. I also reserve the right to not rent to the average asswad. I have been around bikes for 30 years, for the most part I can spot the squids through basic conversations.

I appreciate your concern for me, but all those issues were addressed long before I opened. I could sit and "what if" this thing to death too, there are a million reasons NOT to do this or any business for that matter, but I decided to go for it and do my best to deal with the issues as they come. I have insurance up to my eyeballs and good attorneys crossing my Ts and dotting my Is. I am marketing to the clientel that I want and it is working good so far. :)

congrats on getting everything up and running McCoy! Best wishes and prayers for you. :D
Thank you sir!!

·
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:eek:

Is this for every rental...? Like when they pre-auth your card for the $300 deposit when you rent a car..?

:dunno
Yes, every rental. It is a requirement of the insurance company. It is pre-authorized and then returned when the bike is safe back in my trailer. That is pretty standard for bike rentals.

Of course Im ok with cash too.:sneaky

·
Super Moderator
21,660 Posts
Good Luck Greg. I hope it really takes off for you. :thumbup

·
Banned
356 Posts
Hey Randy......how ya healing up bro?? :hellobye

Wish I could afford to get down even for a day to rent a bike. Need to get my Cherahola fix!! :fact

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
15 Participants
realmccoy1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing