Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

I have a bike here that crashed last season in the last race. Replaced a lot of things; Dash - forks - inlet, assorted bits and bobs. I've sorted all gremlins from the bike except one:

The electronic suspension is not present in the dash. Reading the repair manual doesn't reveal a solution since there is no error code. I have tried switching the SCU to an extra I have in the shop, no change. Can any of you suggest what is missing at the moment so I can get this bike done for season start!?

:grin2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wrong dash maybe?
No, they have the same part number R1 and R1M.... (2017- R1M has a different part number from the other bikes/years).

I will double check, but the bike is running, everything is right, the suspension just isn't showing in the dash. As I have understood it, a none-M can add the electronic suspension by adding the SCU + wiring + suspension parts. So I don't think the dash is the culprit.
Went through all fuses this morning, took all plugs/connections and re-confirmed connection and/or bend pins. When I remove the SCU from the loom you can here some sort of electronic noise from the rear, either being the current or the rear suspension motor moving. But still no error codes in the dash..... So I've replaced so much on the bike, everything is working, just not the electronic suspension that is not coming online :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is the dash. There is a menu ( not the standard menu) to swap the dash from R1 to R1M once done the SCU info will show up.
After countless hours, visit to the local Yamaha shop etc etc without anyone knowing, I found out via some other sources. Zero problems switching over, but Real annoying problem getting sorted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Dela
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing