Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
2005 Yamaha R1
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a video review of some body work that I purchased off ebay a few months ago; thought members might enjoy seeing it:

Ray

·
2005 Yamaha R1
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:hammer: somebody likes hello kitty too :crash
Rough crowd over here today haha.

And I wouldn't say I was like a hello kitty fanatic or anything, but I kinda dig a few hello kitty items here and there. Besides, it's always helpful to share at least a couple of common interests with strippers in my experience.

:)

Ray

·
I RACE U LOSE
4,137 Posts
Good job Ray, waiting for completion results:thumbup

·
2005 Yamaha R1
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good job Ray, waiting for completion results:thumbup
Thanks! Me too :)

I'm over here transferring everything across from the old lower fairings to the new ones right now. Going to test fit the body work here in a minute and take stock of what misc. little pieces I'm still missing and need to order, etc.

Hope to have the bike back on the road in a few days here.

I'll make a video review of the body work once it's all on the bike and everything. So far it's coming along pretty well though. A few more decals and I'll be back on the road shortly here I think :)

Ray

·
I RACE U LOSE
4,137 Posts
:corn:beer Ready for vid. :yesnod

·
2005 Yamaha R1
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Never did get the whole guys painting their nails thing. Would love to know the thought process on that.
I totally hear ya man. I mean, my initial reaction to it was "that's gay as shit".. like super gay.

My ex-girlfriend knew this guy who painted his nails; she used to run into him at the nail salon. Nice guy, a bit avant garde. So I used to ask her, "is he gay or what's the deal? Bi?". And she said "No, he's totally straight.. seriously, he gets more pussy than you do".

WTF? No... that's not possible. haha :)

Anyway, so I never really gave a lot of thought to it. Like I'm not gonna paint my finger nails bright blue or anything. But then my girlfriend started talking about how she would like it if I keep my toe nails in better repair (i.e. pedicure, etc.). So one day I let her paint my toes when I was bored. She had a good time and it looked kinda cool actually (black nail polish though.. which matched my all black R1 at the time).

I left it on for a while (too lazy to remove it) and I have to admit, it looked better than just having some ratty looking feet. Also, I broke my toe during the motorcycle accident, so I had to wear sandals for like 2 months; I kinda got a kick out of walking around with black toe nail polish.

But here's the interesting thing.. during this time (allowing my foot to heal up), I can't tell you the number of hot women who commented on my toes "Love your toes", "that's so sexy", blah, blah, blah.

For me, I love women and motorcycles (and money and cars, etc.). I'm secure in my sexuality and a little bit eccentric. Bottom line is this: if having painted toe nails now and then increases my odds of getting laid, then who am I to argue?

:)

And let me just tell you, having two women giving you a BJ at the same time, while you are looking down at them and your black painted toes... kinda hot, actually. Life is short; have some fun while you can right?!

uploading another video... of the bodywork... right now. I'll post it in a few.

Gonna try and get the panels test fitted on the bike tonight if all goes well.

Ray

·
1290!
8,635 Posts
My GF constantly wants to paint my toe nails and while I can appreciate what you said... more pussy or less pussy it ain't happening! :scared I've had shit waxed/plucked etc but I think there's a line between keeping neat and going to far. However each to their own, if you feel comfortable doing it good on ya! :thumbup

·
2005 Yamaha R1
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My GF constantly wants to paint my toe nails and while I can appreciate what you said... more pussy or less pussy it ain't happening! :scared I've had shit waxed/plucked etc but I think there's a line between keeping neat and going to far. However each to their own, if you feel comfortable doing it good on ya! :thumbup
Yeah, I totally hear ya. I don't think I would have allowed my gf to do it even a few years ago either. However, I have been on a big quest to relax and lighten up when it comes to life and stuff - and having nearly been killed on the bike recently and also some years back in a very bad head-on car accident definitely changes your perspective on what's important and what's not.

The older I get (47 now), the less I care about a lot of stuff. So if me having painted toe nails makes my girlfriend(s) smile, that's fine. Who cares at the end of the day. I just want time to ride the motorcycle and enjoy my family, etc. A little paint here or there... doesn't make much difference to me in the long run or the big scheme of things.

Ray

·
I teabagged your drum set...
380 Posts
Hahaha props to you for backing it up and sporting the sandals with em the way they were, at least you werent closet about it. However....IMO somethings are just better left for women to do, nail painting being one of them. By the way the attention to detail in your video I'm sure will be useful for many people looking into aftermarket fairings.

Edit- ray, at 47 you're the man my dude!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Motorcycle.com App

·
2005 Yamaha R1
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,397 Posts
Made it to 1:20...are your toenails painted black or am I drunk again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Motorcycle.com App
He saw C. Ronaldo with them, thats why :tocoo:

·
Moving sucks...
10,143 Posts
Hair in the paint, missing tabs, tabs not lining up?

Seriously, thanks for the review. I'm glad you're happy with what you bought, but I'd rather spend my money at Sharkskinz.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
14 Participants
YZF-Rich
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing