Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
I've got it book marked in my PC. I don't go there very often.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
yeah ive seen 3 nasty crashes this season! its even worse checking that page when you see an accident in real life, brings back forgotten memories.

be careful out there!

·
Viva La Figa
3,992 Posts
I should show this site to all those who say "Track?! Screw that $hit! That's crazy!" And "How the hell is it safer?"

·
I fix my R1
429 Posts
Anyone that doesn't KNOW riding a motorcycle (especially on the streets) is dangerous shouldn't be riding. It is a risk, but in my opinion it is a calcuated risk that can be mitigated to some extent by focus, concentration, attention, intuition, responsible riding, etc.

Some people ride to relieve stress, but riding with traffic should never be relaxing...the relaxing should start after you park the bike.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You can relax on a motorcycle...but like all things there is a time and a place for everything...just don't be relaxing in rush hour traffic...On a quiet back road you know I might be...

·
dumdedum
48 Posts
Holy Fu*k, wish i had not followed that link. I still find it hard to beleive any one would get on a bike with out a fully armoured one or two piece suit. But fu*ck it all the protection in the world isn't gonna help in most of those situations... that was real scary.

·
Have you killed a cat today ?
9,925 Posts
:scared

Now I know why I am sweating in full gear all the time, but it's not always enough.

Sh*t happens, it's our responsibilty to ride with sense and predicament. Defensive riding saves lives, gear prevents or lessons injuries. The ride starts before you climb on the bike.

Most of those involved high speed and/or alcohol. It is a calculated risk, you just need to make responsible calculations. To redline in the city or in traffic is looking for it, if you do it on a strip/track, your living it.

:fork RIP to all those who died living it, ride safe :fork

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.