Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Can't we all just get along?
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to start taking the bike to work since the gas prices are going higher and higher everyday and I wanted to know if you guys can recommend few good boots that I can buy. I am looking for good protection and yet be able to wear them at work. Any suggestions or recommendations???

·
powderwhore
1,141 Posts
I ride with the SIDI Vertebra Air Race Boots.
Love them but don’t waist your money on the “air/perforated” boots. My feet get no airflow whatsoever. This might change with the new Vertebra 2 boots. They have a new air intake. Just my .02

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
I would go with a touring type boot and not a race boot.

·
HighRider
699 Posts
Go to www.ironpony.com the boots are called super duty. They go for 84.95. I have seen the suede ones at my dealer, they look good seemt o be very sturdy and they have a section on them that is designed for the shifter so as to not scuff the boot. I'm getting a pair this week. I have the same problem that I need to be able to wear them to work. Gas is getting pricey.

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
I've got a pair of cheap Nitro's that are comfortable. I think they are lighter than my Rocky hiking boots. You do want to wear over the calf socks with these or any others.

·
powderwhore
1,141 Posts
rezar1 said:
That's what I am looking for. Any ideas???
:2bitchsla

Hiking boots

·
Become one with THE ONE.
597 Posts
Ray,

Go to Berts'. They have some discontinued Alpinestar, SMX boots at $60. There were many boots look like working boots with protection. The sale is over but I am sure they want to get rid of it.

Duke

·
The fastest Colour!!!
309 Posts
Where is Bert's

·
Can't we all just get along?
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Jin Ba Itai said:
Ray,

Go to Berts'. They have some discontinued Alpinestar, SMX boots at $60. There were many boots look like working boots with protection. The sale is over but I am sure they want to get rid of it.

Duke
Thanks Duke and everyone else for your info.

·
Tap dat...
14,410 Posts
GXRKLR said:
I would go with a touring type boot and not a race boot.
Why is that? I am looking at Sidi Vertebra 2 boots to replace my Alpinestars boots that were more touring type. The side zipper on the Alpinestars busted.

I plan on doing a number of track days this year and can't afford to by two pairs of boots for myself.

·
7th Kyu
1,473 Posts
If I read your post correctly, It sounds like you are going to be wearing these boots all day long at work. If that is the case, the Sidi Vertebra 2 boots or any high boot with hard calf protection really just won't cut it.

If that is the case, then I would recommend, the Sidi Champion Air Boots. as shown here:

Sidi's can be found here: Clicky Clicky

My local BMW Motorcycle dealer stocks Sidi's and I was looking at these over the weekend. They are great boots. Definately better than a pair of Timberlands and as comfortible as Nike's.

I also own a pair of Sidi Vertebra 2 boots, and they are definately the best boots I have ever owned. Also as comfy as Nike's but with all that hard protection around the leg, you really wouldn't want to walkaround with them all day. Also they squeek.

Thanks,
Ray

·
Tap dat...
14,410 Posts
I don't know about rezar1 but I won't be. I have a pair of shoes at work that stay there. I just wear them when I ride and change when I get to work.

·
Become one with THE ONE.
597 Posts
MonctonR1 said:
Where is Bert's
Azusa, California http://www.bertsmegamall.com The sale was from March 3 to 6 but they often continue to have save prices to get rid of older merchandises. Alpinestars FS boots only up to size 42 but SMX boots up to size 44 left (as of last Friday)

·
Large Marge sent me
4,066 Posts
sidi on-road sympatex. expensive, but you get what you pay for.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts