Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
clutch it up!!!
27,445 Posts
no jewelry on hands or wrist..
Lean with you not against you (but DO NOT OVER LEAN)
Dont talk cause you cant hear them
If passenger is female, have her "adjust" your "package" often and gently!

·
My R1 is really an FZR
101 Posts
if they're looking on either side of your head, tell them to make it whichever side is inside of the turn. it keeps them from leaning out, cause they prolly aren't used to the whole bike leaning thing.

ride like your back tire is worn-out, there's a lot more weight on it.

have her lock hands around your waist when accellerating. she might be ok just leaning foreward, but i need the hands around my waist so i know i can punch it withour her dumb ass falling off.

also, the last chick i gave a ride to started giving me backrubs at red lights. :D now that is worth suggesting.

·
Broke old fat and slow!
264 Posts
I did ride the ex-G.F. on my 2000R1 from Los Angeles to Las Vegas with one stop!
She survived it with major lower leg-cramps (token me most of the night to massage her legs).
She told me after that "It was just as painful than giving birth."

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
Make sure you tell them to sit back on the seat. If you stop hard your nuts will tell you why. Also remind them that it's your bike and any profiling or being cool is the sole right of the owner operator. I've seen chicks trying to profile and wave at their friends fall right the hell off when the bike started to move cuz they were busy trying to be seen.

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
man back in the day when I had my CBR600 I had one of my chickie friends on the back on the way to the movies.. we're going through a pretty curvy street and the crazy beotch starts fixin her hair with both of her hands.. I was all like :confused: so I pulled over and told her to get off and fix her damn hair if it's that farkin important.. and I'm sure I would've been blamed if she fell off doing that s**t! :mad: :2bitchsla

·
Moving sucks...
10,143 Posts
I tell passengers to NOT adjust their position when the bike is turning, just lean with the bike. Acceleration, the risk of having someone fall off the back is your responsibility, make sure that they're hanging on tight because a lot of people haven't a clue how hard motorcycles (R1's in particular) can pull. Same goes for hard stops, this is a particularly risky scenario as a passenger can push you so far forward in a panic stop as to unsettle the bike or interfere with your ability to stop it. Having her put her hands on the vertical part of the tank to keep her stable during braking is a good idea. Tell her to keep her feet on the pegs, you don't want pant legs or toes going into moving parts. Make sure that you're prepared for the added weight, it will slow your ability to evade obstacles and lengthen your braking distance. Added rear preload is a good idea. If it's a passenger new to riding and you want to impress her, be as smooth as possible and don't try to impress her with any dramatic moves. Talk to her beforehand about what you want her to be doing and don't ride out of your comfort zone. Make her wear some gear, helmet, gloves, long pants, jacket.
Having someone hurt or killed because you F'd up would be a lifelong bummer. Have fun, but be careful.

·
Aloha
59 Posts
My 2 cents; remember that the back is heavier, which means that the front wheel will come up alot easier. Also, work out a code to tell them that you are about to speed up. I tap on their left leg to warn them to hold on. Expect a new rider to lean the wrong way, and then suddenly lean with you when you least expect it so take it easy at first.

-Chris

·
Banned
4,235 Posts
motopsyko32 said:
no jewelry on hands or wrist..
Lean with you not against you (but DO NOT OVER LEAN)
Dont talk cause you cant hear them
If passenger is female, have her "adjust" your "package" often and gently!

1) The passenger can wear jewelry... just be careful when hands are on tank. (VERY CAREFUL)
2) Leaning... yes definately with you... I tend to over lean at times... thinking he is going to speed up during the turns.
3) Definately don't talk :lol

4) Adjusting the "package" often and gently... only happens in the beginning.. after that... :dunno but it definately doesn't happen often :lol

·
shoots! scores!!
1,217 Posts
MegatronR1 said:
man back in the day when I had my CBR600 I had one of my chickie friends on the back on the way to the movies.. we're going through a pretty curvy street and the crazy beotch starts fixin her hair with both of her hands.. I was all like :confused: so I pulled over and told her to get off and fix her damn hair if it's that farkin important.. and I'm sure I would've been blamed if she fell off doing that s**t! :mad: :2bitchsla
well, what do you expect from dumbass madison chicks? :finger

·
We love the subs!
3,302 Posts
area808 said:
Also, work out a code to tell them that you are about to speed up. I tap on their left leg to warn them to hold on.
Riding codes are good. I tell the women that if they get turned on while riding and they want to bang, then to pull on my dick once. If they are not getting turned on, then they need to pull on my dick about a hundred times. :lol

·
Canadian Drinking Team
1,771 Posts
Rules:

1) Keep your feet on the pegs NO MATTER WHAT!! If you can't trust me on this, no ride.
2) Lean with me, not against me (I'm leanient on this if its there first time, usually takes a few turns before they get comfertable)
3) Tapping you're left knee means you got about three seconds to hold onto me tightly 'cuz I'm going WOT. Hands locked around my waist, squeeze me with your legs and push back on the pegs.
4) When stopping move your hands from wherever they are and put them on the gas tank to keep yourself from sliding foreward, I don't appreciate getting my nuts squished.
5) Try and support your body by pushing down and back on the foot pegs, this way your wrists and arms won't get as tired. (This one is hard to explain to them. I usually get them to climb onto the bike in the driver seat, both feet on the pegs, hands on the controls. Then I tell them to take there hands off the controls and lean forward. "Notice how you are using your legs to hold yourself up? Do that." Works like a charm)
6) No moving around when we are stopped at a light... no gyroscopic effect means that the bike is easier to unbalance.
7) If you need to talk, do it on the left side... the exhaust on the right is too loud to hear over.

Thats pretty much it. I make up other rules once we get on the road.... depending on whats going on.

·
Canadian Drinking Team
1,771 Posts
Oh ya....
Rule 8 - If your over 140lbs, forget it, no ride... lose some weight and we'll talk.
And yes, I ask everytime. :yesnod :sneaky
:riding

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
My passengers do not lean forward, they sit straight up. I don't like the helmt banging when you take off and stop. Plus I never go fast enough that they would need to lean forward to get out of the wind. With them sitting straight up they are not moving from side to side trying to see.

To squeeze with thier legs when stopping.

They don't really lean, but stay in the same plane as the bike when it leans over.

Never, ever move while turning.

Feet on the pegs at all times.

Establish signals before hand.

Most important, don't do anything stupid to risk the life of the other person.

·
My R1 is really an FZR
101 Posts
who would race someone carrying a passenger? either you win cause they have a passenger and it isn't a fair race, or they beat you carrying a passenger and you are subjected to the kind of humiliation only a real dumbshit even knows about. either way you lost before the race even started, cause he's got a bike with a chick on it and you don't.
:2bitchsla

1 - 20 of 33 Posts